Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many programs to rank to match? - md14
you can rank 100 programs, but if nobody liked you at those IV you will not get matched.

on the other hand

You can rank only one and that one likes you to rank you in their top few and you will match.

You got to understand the Match. The match is trying to find a program for you, The Match in not trying to find applicants for the program.

So be confident and match as many as you think.

I know guys that matched with one IV and didn't match with 9.
forget stats

think logically

one with two interviews has double the chances of getting matched compared to someone with one interview.

simply put, chances of getting matched increases with more number of interviews.

i totally agree that it is just like gambling but even in gambling chances of winning increases with increased number of bets.
Eg. if you are betting in horse racing then your chances of winning will increase if you are betting on more number of horses.

At this time we can only pray that we have bet the right horses.
so, if there is no interview, it is useless to participate in ranking?
passedimg - yes
thank you noropeds, it sounds disappointing, but i guess it is an honest opinion, will go to my friend's house now to celebrate Christmas, will come back to the match next year!
Happy Holiday, everyone!
@passedimg - If you want to participate in SOAP then you have to rank at least 1 program.
alexa22, even if i did not get any interview this year?
by the way, isn't it cost-free to rank the programs? I already paid all the applicational costs
You must rank a program to participate in SOAP, so you should rank a place even if you didn't get an IV there.

You do have to register for the NRMP which I think was $50.
Do we need to make different ROLs for different specialties? or it would be one for all specialties
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »