Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next best step? - step1inapril
@doctam...are you talking about the pylorotomy?even in mcq the answer is correct the electrolyte imbalance first....then surgery...
GL
drelbow.. i was referring to the bowel perforation

the pylorotomy is obvious .. its always correct the electrolyte imbalance first no matter where its asked .. CCS or MCQ Smile
Even in that case your answer on ccs and mcq again would be the same ...you order laparatomy first and then iv AB .....you can't wait and do all the or prep...coz as you know is an emergency so you can't delay surgery even for A......mcq the same
Happy New Year folks
@doctam3........thanks a lot for your help on this topic. i hope i understand it better now.
God bless you.
hmm .. have you done archer's ccs course? They had a bowel perforation case for ccs on the review and as far as I can recall, they chose to input the order for unasyn IV first >> then ordered a laparotomy.
assuming you asked me above qs,i have not done archer ccs course,but what you already said on admission vs emer.laparotomy makes sense to me.thanks
oh my bad .. i meant that @drelbow.
@doctam....
yes I did archer's at least couple of times and passed my step 3 recently...quite up on these stuff but that's my approach...if you think you are right then you are right !
drelbow : its a fair approach .. and i did look more into it .. also contacted Dr. Red regarding it, and what you said is true. At least its confirmed now Smile

perhaps I was given the wrong information during my archer prep.. luckily bowel prep didnt show up on my test lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »