Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
super dissapointed! need help - burkitts
Burritos I'm in the same boat very less time left do u guys wanna start a skype group together stating how much we are covering each day? Last days alone reading something again n again is getting to my nerves!!
Burkitts***
I hate autocorrect lol
hahahaha,,, @ sunnybacha, his name is Burkitts not Burritos!!!! lol
@ Burkitts, even thogh I dont know your situation as you said you cant postpond your exam, but if you want the honesty bro you are too far from the pass score so you need at least the pass score when its 1 month before the exam, if you took the challenge and take the exam on feb you might regret it, listen,, you can do an online nbme 2 weeks before the exam and if you didnot pass then postpond it,, its one and only chance dont miss it
Postpone the exam
If you fail the exam, everything that you have invested would be zero
yeah postpone the exam. I have been in your shoes, and now I finally feel ready to give the exam. postpone it and start a new Qbank. then take an nbme and decide
I already once postponed my exam, and i'm a caribbean medical student, and i been out for a while struggling with this exam, and honestly my school is giving me a hard time and wants me to start my clinical rotations ASAP! This is why i can't cancel my exam and get a new period! =(. I will def. give 2 more nbme 13,15.. before.. and go from there. I reallyyyy am trying to do whatever i can to get to a passing score, the thing is i know my FA pretty well its just i screw up the questions, like i jump to the answer and dont understand exactly what the question is asking!.. =(.. how can i improve my question skills by just doing more and more questions??.. sorry for this long post but i'm really struggling right now, and thanks so much for all your input on this forum! LOL AND BTW... I'm a girl!! =).. haha
what i can suggest is that buy usmle rx for a month and it will help u UNDERSTAND QUESTIONS ALONGWITH FA concepts pretty well so alongwith revising uworld, do one section of FA plus usmlerx and see how much u know. A friend of mine who took the exam recommended me this. Even I am planning to take it for one month, since my exam is march end
Burkitt, let me say this, I am doing so from my own experience from CK and CS. Now preparing for Step 1 just like you. Believe me or not, NBME scores are a TRUE REFLECTION (by some unexplained means) of what you MAY LIKELY score in the real USMLE step 1 were you to take this exams now. You may have used you last eligibility period extension and now in this dicey situation. The registration fee is too much I understand, but my advice is this, keep reading and two weeks to your exams, take another NBME exams ONLINE, preferably in the standard mode, if you don't score above 420CBSSA/203 USMLE, plse STOP, you are not ready yet. If you intend just passing then 340CBSSA/184USMLE, should be your minimum. With the competition for residency spots getting extremely difficult, I will advice getting set, even if it means loosing some hard earned money to up your score, I will go for this option. This may not be truly what you want to hear, but I have been there before.
I completely agree with demba2002. I had my exam scheduled last year, and didn't take it because my NBME score was not where I wanted/needed it. If you just aim to pass the exam, then that's a different matter. But, if you want a good score then you need to supplement your studies. Have you read/watched Kaplan? Keep studying for now, and retake an NBME in a couple of weeks. Passing is now 192.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »