Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reply to thanks email. - 6683
Oh ok then sorry didnt realize you were talking about the PCs statement. To me it means nothing, just sounds polite. Not bad nor good just general like my statements.

I would rank according to you pref like others have said and not any weight on how the program is sending love notes or "its complicated" or general type responses.
Thanks I don't have prelim interviews but I really like a Neuro program which is advanced and I want to rank it above categorical programs. It's a gamble but PD said most don't have issues and IM expands prelim to accommodate them. PC emailed yest n said:

As PD stated in his previous email, we cannot guarantee 100% that you will get a prelim year here. We can’t guarantee that for any of our applicants. Although, for the past 2 academic years it has worked out where our institution was able to create additional slots for advanced matched neuro applicants with us. We have been assured of their strong commitment to aid us in the upcoming match. This all hinges on the financials of the hospital though.
This thread only proves with the match day drawing closer Programmes are as jittery as applicants - they do not want to land up with open spots in SOAP where they get a few minutes to make a decision to choose from the thousands of applicants waiting to be called for a phone/skype iv.

Some such love notes also got me thinking if I should rank some higher based on these messages, however, after reading through this thread I am more or less firm on my decision to NOT change my ROL.
@canada1 : If a program writes that they like you you will rank them higher?
@rabied
No, I don't think I will make any changes now - even though these love notes are a temptation to do so!
@canada1 I think that you have made the right decision as you should not be swayed by what programs think about you.
thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »