Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visa refused - 2014peds
2014peds I am very sorry about your Visa rejection. Please contact ECFMG asap. Let them know about your situation. They might be able to help. The contact person is Ms. Irene Anthony email ianthony@ecfmg.org, contact number - 215-823-2132. Also let your program know about this. I really hope things work out for you. God bless, take care.
@2014peds..you still have plenty of time to reapply.
Dont lose hope.. you will get it next time. Be bold when you answer the question.
Sorry to hear that.
My B VISA was refused 3 times and finally I got it fourth time! So don't loose hope.
What you have to do is analyze what consulate officer might have written the reason for your refusal in his computer screen. Next when you appear for interview, you have to provide a good reason to the officer so that he or she overrules that. You can analyze by recalling the whole conversation. Also let me know your detailed conversation too! U can post here or email me at usmle2014im
@starboy:

That's exactly what I am doing. I think I should have mentioned that I called the Dep of State in US and they said I can stay longer than 1 month if I have got other matters in US allowed on B1/B2 visa as long as my passport is stamped till that date. I even came back to Pak and then went again to attend the rest of my ivs so i dont violate the 6 months rule. I'll have to be super prepared next time.
@starboy: What do think went differently in your fourth iv? i mean what did you do differently?
thanks
well. first of all you should not lie to a officer at the first place. you knew that you are going to stay for your observership.
B1/B2 is visa for business and pleasure , you should get J/ F1 visas for ,not B? but you most likely said on interview that you would like to see the country and learn the culture... Lier Lier.....
if you really called to homeland security office, you probably talked to the clerk who told you that yes, you have stamp for 6 months and you are legally in the country. and clerks do not know all details .
@books: i did not lie.. i was offered an observership after I entered US. I went for my CS exam.
I never said I would like to c the country. I've spent my childhood there. Y would I like to c the country again.
I did not talk to the clerk. And clerks cant just advise like that.It's the Dept of State for God's sake.. not a pizza delivery company.
it does not matter what you were told when you called to dept of state.
you came to pleasure/ business not for education.. see the difference? you asked a visa to enter the country for one reason and you stayed longer for some other reason. and that other reason is not emergency. obviously, you were planning to stay longer...
and it does not matter what I think or some other fellow here. matter that you did not get your visa.. apply again in 1 month, show them that you are not potential immigrant( but you are.. of course and officer knows that).
@ books & steps:
U Dont have any idea about visas, so it's better to be quiet rather than misguiding the people.
FYI, every year more than 5000 img's come to US on B VISA for the USMLE process, step1,2,3,cs observerships, electives, B VISA is not limited to leisure and business!
hey starboy! I am not asking you what do to.. tell to your wife, Gf or ... to be quiet
I know more than you can imagine, baby.. but again, this is does not matter... and
the point is for her to prepare for the next interview.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »