Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
residency lists - mercygrace
I am extremely shocked with these recommendations provided forum members! And that is why I believe there should not be any recommendation to be trusted from forum anyone them, they are your competition. I am disgusted by such diversion and I have noticed that specially in this forum.

I have seen them saying write your own personal statement when they know that the member is asking for help! How is that logical! Many residency applicants need professional help and that's why they need an editor. You are just hoping this member screws up their letter so you may succeed.

drbacchi if contacting the programs by phone "might be false depending on the person" then what is your magical way to get that information, do you think the posted number for the program is contacting the program's janitor?! You call the number listed on ACGME and that number is the coordinators number, HELLO! You can add a second layer of protection by CONFIRMING you are talking tot he COORDINATOR not the janitor.

If I would to use any website from buying computer accessories to buying services, I would ask them these questions BY PHONE (they must have a phone number):

1. Where are you located (physical office)
2. Do you welcome people to visit your office
3. How long have your site been in business? http://who.godaddy.com/
4. Check if their sites is private (proxy) and where their information is hidden from you, this can help you find our which websites are hidden from you.. http://who.godaddy.com/
5. Are they real MEMBERS of the BBB.

Of course you want to ask them specific questions related to their service.

For those who you are diverting people from doing well for themselves, rest assured that bad Karma is awaiting you. You will find this out at the end of the Match season. Smile

@contrastingimg
Let me clarify that I am not a competetion for anyone on this forum - I am a resident who is already matched.

I feel that being an IMG one should be able to help all others who are in the same boat which I have already experienced.

My advise is with good intent. If you do not want to go with it - no one is forcing you to!!! But learn to trust some people around you & be tolerant of others & not be negetive!!!
I Used Matcharesident, I applied to 170 places, got many IVs and Matched, currently in Residency, finished my first month, and finished step 3 yesterday. I thought it a good product, but it's just my opinion. I didnt have the time to make my own list last summer. If I had the time I would have done it on my own.
Whats your skype ID mercy
@contrastimg,
I hope all is well. Don't try to judge people from their reply.
There is a difference between editing a personal statement and writing one or giving ideas from someone else.
People here are just trying to communicate with each other to get opinions that may direct their actions when they don't know what to do.
No one force anyone to take in consideration this opinion or that.

For the phone calls to programs, I'm telling you ,so many programs don't give the details we ask them about and this happened to me many times.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »