5. D NBME
6. D WRONG BY NBME MUST BE C DUE TO EJECTION FRACTON Smile
7. C NBME
8. C NBME
9. A WRONG BY NBME TOTALLY E CORRECT Sad I KNOW NOW Smile
10. A NBME
11. B NBME
12 C NBME
13 E WRONG BY NBME BUT I THINK ITS A ( ALWAYS GIVE LAXATIVE WITH PAIN KILLERS IN ELDERLY)
14. C NBME PROTECT AGAINS ANEROBES
SORRY FOR THE LATE INPUT DIDN'T SEE THE FORM STARTED Smile!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!
Nice!
Correction 13. B
A 22-year-old man comes to the emergency department because of sharp chest pain for the past 24 hours. He says the pain is worse with inspiration. He has not had fever, chills, cough, or shortness of breath. He appears in obvious discomfort. Vital signs are temperature 38.1°C (100.6°F), pulse 100/min, respirations 18/min and shallow, and blood pressure 110/64 mm Hg. Pulse oximetry shows an oxygen saturation of 99% on room air. Physical examination discloses no jugular venous distention. Lungs are clear to auscultation. Cardiac examination discloses a pericardial rub. Pulses are strong and symmetrical throughout. He has no cyanosis, clubbing, or edema of the extremities. ECG discloses ST elevation in the precordial leads and lead I. X-ray of the chest is shown. Which of the following is the most appropriate pharmacotherapy at this time?

A) Azithromycin
B) Esmolol
C) Furosemide
D) Heparin
E) Indomethacin

q3
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/G...4a2740.png
q3)
ans: E
E) Indomethacin
nbme cert

This looks like a Pericarditis case, but vital signs look ok despite the horrible Xray, NSAIDS would be the treatment.
It is pericarditis good job Smile!!
Thanks for the reassurance amiga Wink

Let's continue!
A 29-year-old man is brought to the emergency department because of an injury he sustained to his right hand and wrist when his hand was caught in machinery. He is in great pain but is otherwise stable. The hand is badly mangled with several large lacerations. The bleeding has stopped except for some oozing. The thumb is distorted and is not in the normal anatomic position. The index finger is partially avulsed. Which of the following is the most appropriate first step?
A) Administer a narcotic analgesic
B) Clean and explore the wound to assess tendon injuries
C) Do motor testing of the fingers and thumb
D) Do sensory testing of the fingers and thumb
E) Obtain x-rays of the hand and wrist
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »