Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
terminated from residency PGY2-Need help - targethigh
@waleed7sd......so your friend is practicing medicine in this country with PG1 prelim? he is definitely not practicing as a doctor! thats quackery at the highest order and patients lives are at risk.

@targethigh.....I don't know why you were terminated & I'm not here to judge you but i think you should take boardreviews advise and look for PG3 vacancies so you can complete your training. don't go for short cuts....it never pays at the long run.
Wisconson and Puerto Rico requires only 1 year PG , Georgia requires 2 years to work as a general practitioner

http://www.fsmb.org/policy/public-resour...e_specific
@waleed
minimum requirements is totally different from actually being able to practice with just PG2 training.
its almost impossible to practice these days without passing the board even though its not a requirement but simply because the stakes are now high.
just like minimum step 1 requirement is 173 does not mean that scoring 175 can get you a residency anywhere in the country.
confirm from your friends if they are truly practicing as MDs.
Many FMGs who did not land a residency in the US are practicing in Puerto Rico after only 1 year of internship as general practitioners, many rural areas there don't have a single physician, you must speak Spanish fluently though.
the whole essence of step 3 it means you can practice SAFELY & INDEPENDANTLY
I know an AMG who is practising as a general practitioner after one year surg prelim and step 3 with a license for a private group. So I can believe the 2 yr FMG licensure after step 3
yo i thought u could get alicense to practice only being all steps (1 2 cs 3) done.
the residency just gts yu board certification which is important if u ever wanna have a job ?
what
Call me at 972-658-6500 at night. I am in the same position
@targethigh..sad to hear that..did the program give you credit for PGY2 also?Did you pass step 3? If so.. You can practice easily in like Indiana, WI,OH, KY and some other states. I agree with waleed7sd. It's difficult to get pgy3 position unless you get a good LOR from PD. Better to apply for licensure. Try to get LORs from 3 attendings. Once you get your state license you will be able to work and earn same as other physicians do(but you will not be board certified if you don't complete 3yrs of residency). Someone can practice even if he does have 1yr ACGME & 1yr AOA accredited program credit. Wish you all the best.

@chuckchu: you can't say quackery if you don't have knowledge about something and someone. I know some physicians who are efficient and knowledgeable and practicing medicine safely for more than 5yrs (And a boardcertified surgeon who lost his license!)Many physicians practice medicine in rural areas of india, Pakistan, Bangladesh after MBBS only. Quack maens: An untrained person who pretends to be a physician and dispenses medical advice and treatment.
@Chuckchu
Thanks a lot for the motivating words.But honestly I am worried most about getting licensure.will I get or will it be denied??Reason I am scared is with probation and non promotion to PGY3 level my residency program profile being not good will this affect licensure ?extremely depressed and need honest advice friends.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »