Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very lost and devastated,next step? - courage_2015
Do more observerships.
If possible places who interviewed you.
Thank you again. Its disheartening to be judged solely on the base of numbers. But I know i can be more then usmle scores and I need to keep working hard. Def will apply to FM and possibly psych(if i can build my CV around it).
Hi,
I think it's better to give step3 before you go for next match.
Try to more observer ships and work in research to publish some abstracts or papers.
Go For IM. Don't give up.

With IM you can specialize. With specialization there is more options.
You should have matched this year with your profile. Apply for IM and FM next year with focus on IM and obsies in IM. As a repeat applicant my advise is to get strong LORs from faculty which really helped me this year with the match. Focus on programs in NY, NJ which are very GC/citizen friendly nowadays. There are people who match without step 3 but weak letters affect your ranking. Try to get strong letters from american physicians in the specialty you are applying and get step 3 result by the time you apply to next match.
I would advise you not to apply to psych. If you do obsie in psych now your app won't have a focus. A few people with your scores matched in less competitive IM programs without GC. Don't worry. Do obsie/ research, get strong letters, call up programs in your locality, meet the PC if possible in the August/ September and rock those 10+ interviews you get next year. Good luck!
Good point aimz
Thank you for all your suggestions. This gives me hope and the strength to move on. Almost lost faith in myself and my abilities. But will try again and hopefully things work out this time.
http://medicine.unm.edu/academic-divisio...wship.html

Please contact me by my email listed below:

https://vivo.health.unm.edu/display/n728
Courage, u were not able to snatch other deserving IMGs spot.Good ,U did not match and go to hell.Fu'cker GC holder .Inefficient.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »