Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys best way to explain change from IM to Psych? - defeatthebeast
dude i know many of my frnds with 230s getting matched in IM...let me tell u without contacts that too...the thing is nothing is generalised like u must have this score n so all....it jus ur luck sometimes u jus dont get ivs thats all...but theres nothin like IM programs take only 250s and all...
That's a bit comforting. i may apply to few img friendly im places. thx
kool hope we all make it this year
@tmpsmx: I only had two interviews. I matched at my number one. And thank you. I am so happy and grateful. It was a humbling journey with a happy ending.

And I agree with omalizumab890. It's sometimes luck. Your scores are competitive for any program. I would still apply to IMG friendly IM programs along with FM and Psych. You don't t have to apply to a lot. Just wisely. When you go for interviews you will know which programs you want to match into since you might apply for 3 different types and then rank them accordingly.

My first match I applied to over 200 programs and I did not get a single interview. This year I applied to about 25% of the programs and got two interviews and matched! I think I matched by pure luck!

I started researching programs after I didn't match my first time particularly attempts. So do that now if you have time. I used Frieda. It filters programs for visas and give you stats on how many residents are IMGs. It's a lot of time but it's worth it in my opinion.

Good luck next year to you and omalizumab890! I do recall seeing you both in previous threads. I am really sorry you both didn't match but don't lose hope. You both have great chances Smile
Oh also a good Step 3 score will definitely help! (Even for IM Wink
thanks for your kind suggestion salvation within, thats a great explanation and i will def use it!!

tmpsmx, you have great scores bro....i think if IM is you dream you should stick with it...a lot of this shit is luck, i think u just had bad luck...you have really good scores...i am trying to get psych exp myself, i have a externship starting next week for a month, thinking of doing another one in june...just filling the gaps until sept with psych exp...i also emailed some psych hospitals around me to volunteer, waiting back to hear from them...

omalizumab, i think you had really good scores yourself, how many ivs did u get??

not matching sucks, but we can't do anything about it but make our applications stronger for the next go round....its such a whack feeling to see other people from your school/friends all on fb posting about it....

please any more suggestions on how i can spin my predicament, will be grateful...thanks
mine were 235 250...went into matvh wid 1 iv in IM...
Thx drpepper, I'm gonna check out frieda soon as I'm done with step 3 next month. Could you please post the link. Would make my life easy.

Defeatthebeast, thanks buddy. Could I have your email, I wanna shortly discuss something with you regarding psych ext.
omalizumab...Wow that's insane, only 1 iv with those scores, did you apply late?

tmp...hey, leave your email i will email u no worries....and for freida, just sign up....just search in google frieda program search...then sign up there, and then u can search thru it what programs are in what state for each specialty...some of the programs dont have much info but most do...i didnt find out about it until late, def better then matcharesident lists which are a complete waste and ripoff
Crazy nice scores there omalizumab. Yeah id stick to IM too if I were you. Do you need visa? You should have at least 10 IVs with those scores. what's wrong with the system. Seriously.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »