Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting 3digits score to 2digits score - drbanks
develop a thick skin .. you will need it in residency.
If you want to be wise and smart then know the right way to act and ask questions, the two digit score is irrelevant and we are trying to tell you that. Learn that you make mistakes and move on...............
Changes to USMLE procedures for reporting scores
Posted: May 04, 2011

Starting July 1, 2011, USMLE transcripts reported through the ERAS reporting system will no longer include score results on the 2-digit score scale. USMLE results will continue to be reported on the 3-digit scale. This affects the Step 1, 2 CK, and 3 examinations only; Step 2 CS will continue to be reported as pass or fail. These changes do not alter the score required to pass or the difficulty of any of the USMLE Step examinations.
This is way more important to how you rank to current minimum passing

The current minimum passing scores are as follows:
Step 1: 192
Step 2 CK: 209
Step 3: 190
you really are ONE HELL OF A SICK FELLOW. of course I know all those. I simply asked a SIMPLE question- how do we new comers know where we fall in the two digit scores. Why did I ask? Because some programs require scores in two digits! I just wanted to know which programs I meet their criteria so I know how to apply, then you fellas turned the thread to something else. It really amazes me how some people think. people like you guys think like the jellyfish thats got no brain. simple thing turns into something complex!
such a very sick world!
Programs DO NOT REQUIRE TWO DIGIT SCORES do you understand?

It amazes me how someone can keep repeating this when the 2 digit score was stopped in 2011 and its 2015.

4 years ago it was stopped

US Grads do not have 2 digit scores and they are the ones you are compared to.

Good Luck in the match and if you interview really good luck
drbanks Please calm down. Sorry if you got offended but frankly I think you should be thanking student1960 for the extensive research he/she has done with regards this 2 to 3 digit score conversion and vice versa. Even I learned a few thinks.
calm down fellas. everyone knows that the two digit scores are not valid anymore.

I finished applying on the 9/15 and even I had a similar doubts when I saw some universitys asking for two didgit score. Look at the example below. a program which did not update their website for some time now. how can you know cut off for this program which says ' Preference is shown to applicants having USMLE scores greater than 80'. I belive this is the reason for someone to start a thread like this..

http://medicine.nevada.edu/las-vegas/psychiatry/apply

" Preference is shown to applicants having USMLE scores greater than 80, and to individuals who have demonstrated experiential interest in psychiatry. Appointment is contingent upon licensing from the State of Nevada. For specific information, please visit the Nevada Board of Medical Examiners. "
Yep @uskiab I know, these sites have not been updated in years, they do not care to give current info that is why rejection letters sometimes give us the real criteria for instance some programs say 2 years recent graduation but on web sites it will say almost nothing. Debating this one topic is a waste of time.
In fact rejection letters are more useful than people posting stats and interview status at times because some letters tell us what the programs are doing now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »