Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
other chances for un-matched - eagleswan
well, I have 18 attempts and I got a prematch as well.
That's funny, way to derail this poor person's thread.
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. (Joseph Addison)

People without those three things are dead!!!

Wish all people in our journey the best of luck.
#eagleswan

One more advice, try to make some connection with your program of interest in your area and if you will decide to pursue the PHD path try to do it in that program/university if you can. One of my friends with below average scores and 10 years out of school got into a prestigious Peds program because he did research with them for almost 2 years. Bottom line: Hope and hard work = You still alive.

Best of luck.
I am surprised that no one mentions the fact that you have to pass CK. Do you have attempts in the others tests?
@hempath LOL the new USMLE limit
#eagle1981 thank you so much my friend..your advises are very helpful...I will register for kaplan
my problem isn't just for me,it's for many physicians who have no or very few chances to get match...if there is no match after 2 years what should you do?? just continue to apply for match??even if you add a few experience or research to your cv ,there is no guarantee that you will get matched..so we have to think for other choices...I was searching in the internet and what I found is that we have 4 choices but I don't know which one is better..
1) improve the cv by adding research or more hospital experience
2)apply for fellowship..will take 3-4 years
3)apply for PHD...will take 5 years
4)apply for school of osteopathic medicine...4 years
each one has it's fees and options,but for me I don't know what to choose!!
I have no attempt for step 1 or cs but I will take ck for the 4th times,so do I have any chances if I take the fellowship or the PHD??? if anyone knows,please help me

another question...if I took the PHD in pathology but I didn't match after that,can I use the PHD to teach at medical school as assistant professor?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »