Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 visa India - rosaiackerman
I am not able to login oasis. Is it down or just my account??
Those applying for visa from US, printout is on blank paper or stamp paper for surety bond?
This is what I understood from online search. After we sign and return the contract the program will forward the information to ECFMG which will initiate the j1 visa sponsorship process. We then have to accept the process through oasis and pay the fees then upload the required documents one of which is statement of need. For applying for statement of need from US we are have to print out the application which has the bond too on a plain paper fill out our part and take it to consulate General of India office nearby and get it attested by them. Then we have to mail it to India where a close relative and a gazette do officer have to sign as surety for us and then transfer this bond onto a 100 rs bond paper at registrar office. This application along with copies of passport, residency contract and current visa documentation and a cv should be submitted to central health ministry. Once we have the statement of need ECFMG will issue DS 2019 with which we can apply for visa or change of status.
Here is the link for Indian health ministry

http://mohfw.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/...deline.pdf
However my dilemma is that is it advisable to go for visa or change of status from within us. There is no information on how long it takes for change of status from with in US. I called Uscis they have no fixed timeline or any idea about average timeline for this process.
changing a status in the US from J1 research to J1 clinical would easily take anywhere between 6-8 weeks. and needs a lot of documentation, as given in the ECFMG website. if we do it by going back to India, the only additional documentation we need is a letter of departure from the states
Can anyone tell me about SON surety bond atteatation? I went to Atlanta consulate regarding attestation. They told me that there is no beed of attestation and I can mail the docs directly to India. I mailed the documents without attestion in Consulate in US. What do you think I need to do? Please help me. Thank you
I mailed the documents to India.Is there anyone with attestation done in Atlanta recently?
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt/202-728-0099
I am still working on surety bond!! Very stressed out whether I will get visa by june.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »