Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronx Lebanon IM - keepswimming
@heartlocker

How bad is this program? I heard only few residents do fellowships after finishing.
It does come under Low-tier community program. It depends on how many interviews one has and how much likely that one will match in them. If one has less options and average to below average scores, it is better to go for it. Regarding fellowship, they have in-house fellowship but outside of BLHC(for fellowship), it depends on how a resident works, impress by their work, does some publications(provided time-permitted). A lot of factors to be considered.

A lot of New York programs are similar to Bronx-Lebanon. Heavy work load, difficult to manage time for academics but every year those programs are improving and apparently same is with BLHC.

So I can't specifically say, how bad it is. It all depends on how many interview one has and their prospect on matching because in the end IMGs don't get to choose much.

@heartlocker

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Has anyone gotten an offer/ accepted it yet?

So far I have heard offers given out mid Dec/ late Dec, but yet to hear anyone accepting those offers.
I didn't hear anything...
didn't hear anything so far. Not expecting much now.
They do interview up till Jan 19. However I suppose prematch offers, if given in rounds, would have already been given out as the last date to withdraw from the NRMP is Jan 31?

It's been a tough journey for me, I do not have many IVs, gotta stay hopeful on this.
There is still hope then if they are still interviewing. They don't have nrmp id.(You can't rank this program in your ROL because its not there). So they were never in the match.
@keepswimming
I didnt hear anyone accepting prematch so far.I dont think they have started offering next round of prematches.Do you know for sure Jan 19 is the last date of interviews? Then do you mean after jan 20 people would be offered prematches until 30 accept prematch before jan 31 ?
In previous years they didnt wait till end of interviews to offer prematches.I donnow when they would start offering prematches and when will the last interview be.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »