Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed step 3, score 242! - xio75
xio75

I am planning on taking step 3 by mid august. I need some guidance for the CCS cases for uworld. I dont know if its just me, but I am really struggling with figuring out when to order what test, when to move the patient and then when to order the next tests at their next visits. I need help with figuring out the software and looking for a partner to do a few CCS cases to get the flow of things. Please let me know! thanks
The new videos r good for med q. It depends how you learn the best. I like watching it cuz it keeps me calm and focused
Hey you said you studied 5 months.. how many hours a day? and are you in residency?
@workhard11 , thanks for the input. I am confused as which videos to buy step2 ck/ step 3? I know CK was good I liked it. Not sure about the step 3.
how are you confused? lol..
just googled it
step 3 med quest.. isn't this the step 3 exam?
thanks to everyone for your comments, sorry that I did not answer before.

@rossy17. I think 3 months would be enough if you are in a residency now or you did step 2 CK recently. If you feel comfortable you should go for it, everyone is different. It took me 5 months because I did step 2 CK almost 2 years ago., and I really wanted to get a good score because I did not match this year, and I hope to improve my chances next year.

@usmlelaunch. I did step 3 videos, I think they are worthy and helped me a lot. I am a person who learns a lot listening, and many times they clarified me doubts that I had and could not find answers in the books. I really loved them!

@rid 111. I understand what you said, I went through the same thing. I study alone with no partners and no tutor, so it was really hard for me to find out how to approach the CCS part of the test. What I found useful was the book Crush step 3, mainly the first 2 chapters that explain very well how to approach the cases, and it has good tips and strategies. I highly recommend you to practice the USMLE CCS and U world CCS, they were quite similar to the real ones, and I found them no difficult at all. Try to focus on preventive medicine and follow ups, as you would do in real life.

@starlighttrooper. I studied about 8 hours every day, during week days and sometimes on weekends. I am not it a residence yet. I hope to have better chances the next MATCh.

@xio75

How did u prepare for day2...
Thanks
Hearty congrats, buddy! Proud of you!
How did you approach drug ads, I bet they were lengthy!
Did you use other sources for biostats, other than UW step3? I mean was it enough?
@saragika123

I had a 10 days gap between both tests. Honestly after the first day I regretted that I did not schedule the second part early so I could finish with them sooner, but I think that strategie worked very well for me, because I took 1 day to recover and rest and then I started to practice just my marked questions in U world that were approximately 400, and practicing CCS in usmle practice materials that are in the web site. I used U world CCS and mapping as well. I read my notes that I took while studying and I tried to forget about the first day and only focused on day 2 to avoid getting stressed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »