Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My prep for the day !! - usres12
@vena
thanks dear .. wish u all the best in the hospital ..do update later..

@2177
dont waste a lot of time on reasoning .. there s no time no .. but do it only for very very imp topics now.. nowi m not able to read all the uw notes either ,, am scanning them real fast .. but i m trying to memorise fa ..
and dont worry about cs .. i fel its a waste of time and effort prep for cs in the mid of step 1,, honestly i ll nevr do that cos after giving cs i d ve forgotten most of step one prep and i m not one who can study for both at the same time .. i ve an oldsaying in my hometown .. dont put both ur legs in 2 separate boats .. u ll end up in the water
@ carpidem.. i rememb u asking for anti epileptics ..

side effects code- CARBAMAZEpine

C - CNS depression and diplopia
A - ADH elevated - siadh
R - Rude to liver - hepatotoxicity
B - BM depression and Bone loss (osteomalacia)
A - Aplastic anemia
M - Megaloblastic Anemia
A - Anomalous lip and palate
Z - zpina (spina) bifida
E - Exfoliative dermatitis

pine left.....

Phenytoin: adverse effects PHENYTOIN:
P-450 interactions
Hirsutism
Enlarged gums
Nystagmus
Yellow-browning of skin
Teratogenicity
Osteomalacia
Interference with B12 metabolism (hence anemia)
Neuropathies: vertigo, ataxia, and headache
Phenobarbitone: side effects
Children are annoying (hyperkinesia, irritability, insomnia, aggression).
Adults are dosy (sedation, dizziness, drowsiness).
I reviewe some Cvs as I wanted to be more comfortable with it before I go further & to make my reading interesting will start micro bacteria & fungi , it's been awhile since I read them so then micro drugs

@owl. Did u ever see roths spots when u practiced opthomology ?
& also just as u are a mnemonic person I am drawing person . When I was in med school I draw & learn everything for every subject ,diseases , side effects of drugs etc....
@owlcity...
Thanks God..ur done your paper work..and wish u happy studding and don't be scared and worry becouse u almost done..go seriously and do it and nothing can stop u..
woowww I am exactly like you..when I am typing here I 'm hiding from him but he used to it:?)))) but he asked me every day what"s the progress of u and ur friends.....

@sunshine
welcome to this forum...good luck..
@ vena...Good lucl today and plz update us..what's going on in hospital??..Smile
@fatemeh

thanks, m feeling the creeps now.. but gotta be serious now .. hope ur studies r going great..
i ve alousy keyboard that makes alot of noise that always gives me away .. i connected my lab top to a desk top screen and a sep keybord .. just cos of uw ..
Vigabatrin: mechanism Vi-GABA-Tr-In:
Via GABA Transferase Inhibition
@2177

yep i ve seen a lot of the . kinda miss all that stuff ..
i like drawinf and remeb too, but the fa pneumonics are real good .. they click me lots when i do my qs ... esp the leigonella one .. and its much easier to find mnemonics around th websites .. cant find much pics and am not so creative for them .. do share some if u ve ..but ya , now i love making mnemonics .. my brain loves playing with words now .. thanks to mle ..

Sodium valproate: side effects VALPROATE:
Vomiting
Alopecia
Liver toxicity
Pancreatitis/ Pancytopenia
Retention of fats (weight gain)
Oedema (peripheral oedema)
Appetite increase
Tremor
Enzyme inducer (liver)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »