Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone help?????????? - faria
thank u all for support,i am just worried ,will i be able to sit for exam till ist wk of august,i mean i have 3 kids......... 7yr,4 yr and 1 infant,
i donot want to rush for exam this time,but at the sametime donot wanna apply without step 3 result, .......................
yes faria!! studying with infant is difficult but do u have any support from home,is your spouse cooperative?
Hi Faria;
I can understand your feelings. I am graduating froma residency program in 2 months. Here are few things.
1. you have to pass step 3 ASAP since I can see that you are about to touch 7 yr limit since last exam.

2. In observership just focus what your PD likes. Try to give power point presentations and get some research if possible. PD like new enrgetic people with new ideas since this is the only way that PD will get published with you.

3. Try to push little bit during observership but dont "sit" on PD's neck

4. Get help from your husband for the infant after all you are doing it all for the family and study atleast 6 hrs a day with a study partner.

5. apply in physical medicine and rehabilitation programs as you have diverse experience.

6. Your personal statement has to be excellent.

7. Get help from some senior physician to rearrange your CV.

I hope ir works for you. Good Luck.

Rocky
Hi faria
I can understand the situation you have been into. after reading everyone's suggestions i feel FM is better suited for your profile also can try in OBs and Psychiatry.
But here on just concentrate on doing whatever in just one field like observership only in FM or Psychiatry. since you are a US citizen that is an another advantage especially in FM.

Regarding step 3 i too passed in second attempt. Just solve Usmleworld 2 or 3 times even CCS and understand explanation for each answer. Get your basics right by studying CK books again. CCS is the key to passing too. Do it till you are confident. Then go and give NBME exam to test where you stand. Though it may not be the only indicator for success or failure. If confident after this can give the exam. Between what are you doing these days. If you save few hours from your work towards step 3 you surely will pass with good scores.

Try to get many IVs just by applying at places where your chances are
Whenever in interviews there arises questions about where exactly your interests are and you should be able to convince.

We all have lots of struggles in our lives and I guess we should highlight how we overcame problems in our personal statements( which I did not do during last application season and my personal statement looked bad). I hope others agree with this.

If i can be of any help mail monausmle
hi rocky,
thanks for guidance,i think everone will agree with me that to get an observership is not easy anymore ,i have tried a lot ,even in noncompetitive specialities.
secondly ,can i apply in physical medicine/rehabilitation,.......i mean i have heard they need 1 yr prelim/transitional yr??????
hi mona,
thanks for advice,can i skip nbme ????
,i mean i did step 3 attempt before without doing NBME,and did bad on 2 cases in exam,still my score was 72.
Hi Faria ,

You just need to be focused more .I guess u should reaarange ur CV and programs u apply.
Edit yr PS .
If u like u can email me at ahsinmalik79

i will sure do it.
Hi Faria,

I also passed step3 at 2nd attempt .I know it is depressing and very frustrating that instead of your hardwork things are not working out. I think You need to concentrate on step3 for now. preparing for CCS very well is very important to pass. I will suggest you to get you score report and analyse what went wrong and start from there. If you need any help email me at doc0079.I know it must very tough with kids to study but You can do it! Dont ever give up!!
Don't get discourage. The more you're scare, the more likely you're gonna fail because of too nervous. Don't even get discourage if you score low while working on Qbanks. It's the process of studying. If you apply to multiple specialties, try to get some help on the personal statements, like essayedge. Try to get some contacts, especially the doctor who is willing to personally call the PD before the ranking. If you have anymore questions, you can email me at neurohelp81
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »