Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of applications have risen this year again. - matchmaker2007
Petals- Maybe the fellow didn't know where China was because it was not important to him- He had no plans to go there for their "expert" medical care and training. Talk about hipocritical. You bang on the US then spend your entire life and fortune for the long shop opportunity to come here for a residency.
thats the myopic personality that you suffer from- knowing only whats important! and then you go and call yourself smart and intelligent !! i am sure any 2nd grade student in china can point out where usa (or for that matter even germany/egypt/puerto rico) is on the map...and nowhere in my post did i 'bang' on the US (i am not even sure what kinda english is that)...i admit that i like usa and i want to settle here because it will give me a good pay and a good lifestyle...have your peace with that!!
just one line:
I was at discussion rounds in Medicine and somebody asked ' what type of murmur u find in patients of Mitral Stenosis' . an AMG replied ............. I guess Systolic. This is not isolated just elaborating one. this is the state of clinical acumen here. any FMG in 3rd year of medical school can answer!!!!!!!1
and for your so called excellent english (which we fmg's are supposedly terrible at, you spelled hypocritical wrong...maybe because thats also not important for you!!
Ok guys lets set some ground rules.
1. AMGs and US citizens have the right to get a job because its their country regardless of their knowledge or clinical skills.

2.Almost all fmgs come to America in search of money and good lifestyle. They dont take AMGs jobs but the leftovers that americans donot want. However this desire doesnt make them greedy or doesnt mean that they hate their countries. Everyone has aright to change their life and avail any and all opportunities that might come their way.

3.Both Amgs and FMGs can be terrible and excellent doctors so lets go bezerk over that.
Peace Now!
That is because even Chineese 2nd graders want to get the hell out of China; even Egypt, Puerto Rico, and Germany look good to them. US second graders are not looking at the map and say- "boy that China; that place there is where I want to go"
The subject is about an increase of the number of application of each applicant(specially IMGs)....my humble opinion is that PDs should know how many programs and specialties an FMG or AMG are applying to...That will limit the number of applications...
This situation is driven for the crazy idea to apply as a "back up". Also FMGs want to go to US at any price, rleaving their desires of a particular career's path in second place. That tell me something..that FMGs(at least most of them) don't know what they want. I truly believe that a PD's would grant an IV to let's say FP, to a FMG who's mid 80s scorer(nd who's applying to only FM) than a FMG mid 90's scorer who's applying to 100 programs in 5 differents specialties...
BTW Im also FMG
i agree with you holeinmysoul, totally. i love this country, but maybe amg's have some sort of superiority complex and that is what bugs me... they have enough seats and there are only some fmg friendly programs...most good programs dont even take us, so whats the big deal about us coming to the usa?
aahhh meeeee saaaaaw haaaawwwnnnyyyy!!!!!!!!
give china and india some more years and then your second grader kid would say: pops, i wanna go to china and india...till then some of us will come here...accept that
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »