Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
breast cancer q - mama
thanks daisy187 thats much better now. now its a whole lot clearer thnx.
ans is a.
if there is attachment of the skin to the ligament, or lymphatic spread, or lymph node involvemnet , it proves that the the breast tumour is already malignant..so i think a should be the answer.
For me is B if the "Dx that they ask if clinical", we need to know for what kind of Dx they are asking, remember that more advanced, inoperable breast cancers are caracterized by fixation of the mass to the chest wall or the overlying skin.
I will go with the b, malignants are invader,,,,,, like Basal cell carcinoma, mostly invade, rarely metas... c and d are metastasis....
basal cell carcinoma is a locally malignant tumor, breast cancer is NOT. breast cancer DOES metastasize. COMMON SITES OF METASTASIS: AXILLARY LYMPH NODES, LUNG ,LIVER AND BONE.
Dr. Superdooz, all malignancy must invade first =basement, or what ever, and the next step is metastasize,,,
the q is clear, asking about malignancy, NOT the stage......
YES EXACTLY, I MIGHT HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD U SORRY . IT'S EITHER THE WORDING OF THE Q IS SO CONFUSING TO ALL OF US OR THE WAY THE Q IS ASKED IS WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE.
THE Q SAYS : HOW DO WE KNOW THAT THIS BREAST LUMP IS MALIGNANT??
THAT WUD BE BY LOOKING AT IT THRU THE MICROSCOPE. ALL THE OTHER 3 OPTIONS ARE DESCRIBING THE BEHAVIOR OF THE ALREADY MALIGNANT TUMOR, SO WE KNOW ITS MALIGNANT. THE BEHAVIOR HELPS US IN GRADING THE TUMOR AND DETERMINING THE PROGNOSIS.
SO, IN OTHER WORDS, IF A WOMAN COMES IN WITH A BREAST LUMP HOW DO I KNOW THAT IT IS A MALIGNANT BREAST TUMOR AND NOT SOME OTHER BENIGN LUMP???
I'D DO A BIOPSY AND SEE WUT THE CELLS LOOK LIKE UNDER THE MICROSCOPE.
BUT IF SHE ALREADY COMES IN WITH PAINLESS LYMPHADENOPATHY , I KNOW FOR SURE ITS MALIGNANT THERE IS NO Q AS " HOW DO I KNOW ITS MALIGNANT ?" IN THIS CASE.

HOPE I MADE MY POINT CLEAR AS TO WHY I SEE A AS THE BEST ANSWER TO THE Q. UNLESS THERE IS STHNG WRONG WITH THE PHRASING OF THE Q, I SEE A AS THE BEST ANS, IN MY OPINION
AND THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR MISTAKE, I MIGHT BE WRONG!!!!
JUST KIDDING--- IM NEVER WRONG LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice q, thanks..i have read this somewhere, cant recall, might be goljan...the answ is b and because it is a sign of spread of the cancer.
number of mitosis does not clarify cancer!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »