Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembed questions! this ones were not difficult! - bat21
i thought ant disloc was ax nerve as well...hmmm?
13) Marathon runner (what energy source after 2 hours)
fatty acids?
no 13 is glycogenolysis
anyone what to confirm? thanks
yes its axillary nerve, sorry for the miss representation, my error......
for 33 then i am confused as well, if she was elderly then i would say MI
I may be wrong but my thoughts on 33:
if it wasnt relieved by antacids then Im thinking Posterior MI (Right coronary artery) bc it presents as heartburn bc post heart sits on the diaphram
I have my doubts on what Idid answer on that one.......but you have a point there
thanks again bat and frnd...i feel like my brain is locked up and has been occluded....cant study any more or get tired after a little bit....uhhhhh the forensic q...thanks GOD i have worked in that field, here is my 2 cent and i guess!!!?
man was found wt sentinle burn...and lightning, Linear bums tend to occur in areas where sweat or water accumulates (for example, under the arms or down the chest) , so we shud examine those area and look for any evidence(lightenign strike or burn)
Superficial burns is more common: Burns may appear linear (often secondary to vaporized sweat or rainwater), punctate, or in pathognomonic fernlike patterns. Burns may also be secondary to heating metal, such as necklaces, coins in the pocket, or cleats on the bottom of athletic shoes.
the tympanic was a good one, but frst is examining hte skin(sweating area).
hi bat21!! nice to hear from you... I hade some of your qs in my exam too... took it on Dec 21
13) marathon runner (what energy of source after 2 hours)

From web search:

Research has consistently shown that when running aerobically (i.e. when the muscles are being supplied with oxygen as fast as they can use it), most of the energy will be produced by burning carbohydrates in the form of glycogen/glucose so long as it is available. When these energy supplies run low, the body converts to burning its stores of fat, a process which takes more oxygen. Nearly all reasonably trained runners (i.e. anyone who can reasonably expect to finish a marathon) will run out of glycogen/glucose after about two hours of sustained aerobic effort.

CONCLUSION: after 2 hours the source of energy in marathin runners is free fatty acids.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »