Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TO prep4tachycardia AND MDSURGEON - ebnalfady
well, i think we need to be keeping a fluctuant knowledge on this fact..

the disorders we already know have genomic imprinting r - prader willi, angelman syndrome, and now maybe x linked hypophosphatemic rickets..

and about x linked dominant diseases r fragile x syndrome and x linked rickets..

so we should keep both in mind, coz trust me, boards dont go that far in genomic imprinting and controversies..

they r more interested in asking inheritance of wiskott aldrich, fabry's disease and adult polycystic kidney disease , g6pd deficiency..
THERE IS NO SITE ON NET STATE THAT IT IS X LINKED

SO RATS EAT MORE OR ELEPHANTS?

AND EGG AT FIRST OR CHICKEN

HAHAHAHAHAH
well ebna, if u think technically , going to basics..

genomic imprinting means u got one gene deleted on one of paternal chromosomes , and coz of that u got disease.. the other chromosome is normal

so maybe there s no clear cut demarcation between dominant diseases and imprinting.. imprinting can be considered a complicated dominance ... hahahah
hahaha.. agreed!!

sometimes we need to close down the eyes for such controversial topics, and jus move on with basics, especially when the exam is this close .. hahaha
Good morning to all of you. mayby it can help you. I was a teacher in medical school in my country, and there is a lot of books that dont agree each other. In medicine you have a lot of decicion to make and one of them is what book to believe....when us as a teacher chose one that not agree with the department we always says to our student: this is what I think about this, but if one Q related to this topic coming in the test, you have to answer it like them want. what itmean is choose the answer that you think the boar want. in my opinion kaplan and goljan are more involve in the boar than tex books...on othe hand. every body can make mistake. he is a human been. even the person who write it could make a mistake. he is not God...look like for us,..... I knowSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »