Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got an interview...Michigan State University!!! - tynelol
peds_doc..thank u so much for the input..sounds like u have already completed ur residency..congrats..yah I have heard that cardio is the most competitive among the subspecialities..hope u get into it..I just have a query...u said that from a living, comfort and education point of view, kalamazoo is better..why is that? is lansing a dangerous place to live in? and hey did u complete ur residency from one of the programs in michigan? because u seem to know quite a bit about all the programs here..and hey does MSU, lansing offer prematches? thank you
Yes MSU, Lansing offers prematches. Bt not as many as the rest of the campuses. Kalamazoo is cheap and lansing is expensive. Lansing is not at all dangerous. It is good but not as good as kalamazoo. Kalmazoo is halfway in between Chicago and Detroit. You can enjoy the bigger cities while you live there. Also you should check out the hospital at the Kalamazoo Campus. It is one of the richest hospitals in Michigan. All residents get free food all year round. There are flat screen LCD in every call room. But of course that is not why you wanna come here, do you? The education itself is very good. A lot of emphasis is placed on protected time for didactics. With the new fellowship coming there are a lot of open research protocols. But Yes I am currently PGY3 in one of these programs. I came here because I am applying for Nuclear Medicine and they go through the ERAS. Things have changed so much since I had last applied that I seem to be lost. So I needed help. I hope you match in a program of your choice. But remember , once you match help your brethren.
SAS
thanks peds_doc..yah hope that i get into a residency program somewhere...the competition is so high now a days...i have applied to about 100 programs..so lets see how it goes..best of luck for ur nuclear medicine fellowship..sounds reallly interesting by the way..and ur english is correct and polished by the way..dont get to see that too often in the forum..cheers
Thank you and I wish you all the best. That is a lot of money for applications. I just sent 11 applications, so keeping my fingers crossed. Yeah it is a very interesting speciality, may be you can explore it when you are done with your internship. Take it easy.
SAS
hi peds-doc u have been so informative abt residency prgs....thank u verymuch...

hope i could post u my doubts to u personally for advice....

GL for ur nuclear medicine match and plz stay around for clueless people like us...
Hey...congratulations.....awesome....could you tell us when did you apply?????
IVs so far, not from myself, from others posted:

Michigan State University, east lancing
Michigan State University, kalamazoo

Rejs:
?
is it internal medicine
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »