Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postpartum pituitary mass-Diagnosis and treatment? - dronacharya
drnocharya weetheart plz post the answer
Although FDA does not approve Bromocriptine in pregnancy it has been extensively inpractice.Thats why we go for bromocriptine although carbagoline has less side effects in pregnancy.Even asymptomatic microadenomas increase in size in pregnancy...But it is post partum period dude it is not pregnancy per se ...35 days pp all the harmone levels (especially excessive must have come down...)...So if it is pregnancy ..I will go for bromocriptine for sure...But it is PP period with 35 days baby in hand ...SoThink of using bromo....If the tumor increased in Preg... wont it come down after that...So the options are between bromo or prednisone...Although Auto immune hypophysitis causes these symptoms most of the time they are accompanied by other pituitary insufficiency symptoms....like adrenal..thyroid...So now we go according to our Diagnosie....those who think it hypophysitis will go for ...PREDNISONE...Those who go for Prolactinoma will go for Bromocriptine.....I think I answered everyone's question...If you find anything wrong plz ...indicate me...Good luck
dronacharya ....we shikhandis are waiting for an answer!
I'd go for 3
hemianopsia --> surgery

deonacharya post the answer please
or may be he/she doesn know the answer
Does anyone have the answer to this Q?

This was posted 3 days ago
Answer shud at least be up in 24 hours!
People get very very anxious about the answer U know
Well I do!!
So please post the answer~
hopeofglory, some ppl get their satisfaction from seeing their posts with huge number of views and many replies so they try to hold the answers for a longer time , its their right but i think its unethical because the thread get lost and we tend to forget about it, we got the point from the Q we can search it and not even reply and if he posted the answer thats good , if not then we got a point to search like the nbme Qs

i go for 4 predinsone
http://pathology2.jhu.edu/hypophysitis/t...icscen.cfm

so u search and tell me what u found with a link to the source and any 1 who might be interested as well
well said Smile

4- yes yes yes, thanks for the link
Ibn-sinha
Answer is you are right- you seem so firm
Its lymphocytic hypophysitis - usually occurs postpartum
Treat with Prednisone ONLY
In fact I myself lost the thread becuse of my internet problem.
Sorry for inconvenience. The reference for the above answer is Harrisons Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Prolactinoma so big to cause pressure symptoms should have value > 100.
PRL > 100 very likely to be tumor
PRL > 200 almost clinches the diagnosis but MRI is needed
sweet!
lymphocytic hypophysitis, prednosone only
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »