Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my experience, special thx2guest:) - ultradocmansu
congrats ultradocmansu,and thnx for experience.
cngrats....

what was your experiance about redbull on your step 1 test?
thanks for sharing ur experience. did u use fa or crush? did u watch the kaplan lecture videos or listen to goljan audio for ck?
Congrats ultradocmansu!!! I remember you from step 1,so many people you help and you really deserve it !!
hi,

congrats!great score.thanx a lot 4 sharing ur xperience,very useful one.
gud luck.
hi,nexr ten days for my exam.i have just started with q bank. i am getting low scores. making me upset.i did kaplan notes and uw once.i revised 1000 questions of uw .i took nbme last week got 450 in nbme4.
can i continue with qbank? or stop it and revise uw and take the exam?.
i appreciate ur help.
thank you for posting your experience. goodluck for remaining exams. was worried that kaplan seems insufficient but then will go with the flow. since the general opinion is that uworld will cover up for it, will stick to the time tested method.
luago
good point u brought it up , i should ve mentioned about videos myself in first post.
anyway videos recommended - conrad's (hematology,cardiology,Infectious Disease),neuro , obgyn
the ones which u can watch only if u like after first 10-15 mins - GIT , respiratory, emergency, nephro , psychiatry
not recommended ones - endocrine , pediatrics , surgery

I dint use any big book like cmdt or harrisons. i think uworld nearly covers all high yield stuff. though u ll still feel uworld also missing stuff somewhere but the thing is that nothing is more complete than uworld for step2.

thanks doc_happi

doctor_57
i think if one does uworld once and gets cumulative >60% , there is no need to do kaplan qbank. jus revise uworld atleast wrong questions once before exam
if u score
harrison_im
u brought a smile on my face with that question Smile. well actually redbull doesnt suit me much. what i considered was that it was a simple caffeine drink which jus has more caffeine than coffee/tea. but it made my mind ineffective for one complete block but made me physically active which i dint require sitting in front of computer screen. so total failure..
even after step1 , i tried it a couple of times but with same results , so gave it up

glomerulus
i have first aid for ck but is lying brand new . dint touch it. jus looked at slides of dermatology when uworld question came up. but in that too goljan step1 helped me more. dint listen goljan for ck audios. no secrets/crush

thanks migsmd Smile good to see people from step1 forum here , brings back good old memories
thanks mleprep 08

sakthy
what is ur targetted score? 85+ or 90+ or 99 .. in any case jus 10 days before exam i would advise against doing kaplan qbank. revise uworld only.
but if ur target is around 95-99 i'd recommend u to postpone ur exam a bit and continue kaplan qbank and revision of uworld , then take another nbme and hope for improvement in that first

thanks k.dr. yess u r right

Heartly CONGRATSSSSSSS......
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »