Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Canadian citizens applying for J1 visa? - malvika
if a Canadian finish Fam med in US and get the LMCC can she/he practice in Canada ? In an other word do we have to take Canadian board exam in addition to American ?
hi med2004..i dont know what is the rule now.....i am talking about 5-6 years back. i think my friend call ecfmg and they told him that he cant get letter of need from india as he was living in canada from 2-3 years....and then he returns PR and told hospital and ecfmg that he has nothing to do with canada.....you can call ecfmg and see what they say.as far as canadian PR is concern you can always get it back any time.
hi malvika
hav you applied for letter of need yet or not
Hi vicasdfghjkl{u do have a compliacted ID!},
Not yet..still waiting for my contract to come thru...have u applied already?
i got contract today so i will be applying soon
Thanx for the reply, vicasfghjkl...its helpful
How's it going ay?

I am a canadian who also matched in the us for anesthesia. I too am from ontario. From what I now understand, mind you this is only for ontario. You DO NOT, need to take the canadian LMCC. Provided you do all the USMLE steps and you get your license in the US. Then all you do is apply through long process about 60 pages. Here is the link

http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies/policies/...px?id=2354

I just wrote step 3 so I am hoping for an H1. If you don't mind me asking where did the rest of you match? I matched in NY state.

hey med2004 I am in the same situation as you ..............can u contact me jucan12
hi malvika.. Could you please tell me from where can I get to know if US residency is recognised in Canada or not and with branch residency we can come back ??

In case you still need info abt statement of need, heres the website :
http://hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/hhr-rhs/strat..._b-eng.php
I am in Alberta
anything abt alberta plzzzzzzz ????????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »