Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 visa statement of need INDIA - mestep3
I went to the Ministry of Health yesterday and they refused to make the Statement unless they see a copy of the contract.
My program needs 1-2 weeks to get all the signatures done on the contract.They told me that the Offer Letter served the purpose for many residents in the past.

What to do now?
Is there any way out so that I get the Statement early?
I am really worried now.Please advise.
???????
Hi Gudlife..offer letter can serve the purpose. attach copy of offer letter with rest of the documents and u wud get SON. Good luck

Thanks psychpassion..but unfortunately offer letter is not serving my purpose.I conveyed this to the program but they said it will take 1-2 weeks to get the contract signed by all.
I am really worried as this will delay visa processing too much.
Don't know what to d o...............
Hey goodlife, i too face the same trouble...I asked them however, they said..I can send them a copy of the offer letter with my signature that I have accepted the offer...
So, i signed a copy of the offer letter, xeroxed it and sent it with other papers...lets see if it works...I sent it by speed post to delhi...

you can try this...
Please refer the given page,
Statement of Need Certificate and Exceptional Need Certificate

Search
Print
New Guidelines for Grant of Statement of Need Certificate and Exceptional Need Certificate

The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi have issued new Guidelines, according to which, henceforth, No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) would not be issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOH&FW) under any circumstance.

As per the new guidelines, applications for extension of Statement of Need Certificate (SON) and Exceptional Need Certificate (ENC) to Indian Medical doctors shall be processed only by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi.

A link to the Instructions on their website is placed below:

http://mohfw.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/...deline.pdf

Applicants may approach the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare at the following address:

Under Secretary (IC)
International Cooperation Section
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
(Department of Health & Family Welfare)
Room No. 514, 'A' Wing
Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi 110 011, India

Email: soic-mohfw@nic.in
Phone: (011-91-11) 2306-3068/2306-1945
Fax: (011-91-11) 2306-1262
I am going to the Nirman Bhavan with the following documents :-
1. Copy of offer letter of US Residency programme;
2.Copy of my Passport,excluding blank pages;
3. Copy of valid visa for present stay in the US;
4. Surety bond in original along with two Sureties in prescribed format; AND
5. Application for SON in the prescribed format.
Should these be enough or if not, what are documents may be needed? Is it ok if candidate's father goes to deposit the documents at Nirman Bhavan?
Early reply will be highly appreciated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »