Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
** Residency Interview Experiences...u may ad more - john2007
roger williams at rhode island(IM) : was wht i said before:
med and non med qs...so be ready in case.

dont find anything about raph in CT....:
Specialty: IM
Program Name: St.Raphael, CT
Interview Information / Experience: I had a very bad iv experience, just 2 days ago at the above named hospital. I iv with dr.Sakharova Olga which I now believe she has a master in iv from the Univ of KGB. She asked where I iv before them and where I will iv after them (she wrote down on a paper the hospitals names), the asked what are my scores from step exams (while looking in my file) and expressing her disappointment, and a lot more other mean questions.

Overall it was the worst iv experience I ever had (and I've been to more than 5 good programs), and I hope this was a singular event, cause all this things are going to turn back on the hole program, and that is too bad.
Source / Name: jamil
Info. Year: 2007
Offer Prematch:
Visas Offered: J1, H1-B

GL
St. Peter's university hospital Interview starts at 6:45 am with board review..! Interviewed by the PD( 5 mins only...doesnt ask any q's..askd if I had any q's) and 3 faculties. Trying to know about you as a person, no
medical q's. personal exp 2005

FP Baylor, Houston Two programs, northwest and kelsey. Started with meet and greet a day before at the hotel that was provided. Couple of residents of each program were present and the coordinators were also there. Dinner was for about 2 hours. The next day....a tour was given and 2 interviews were taken at both the programs. Questions were the usual..why fammed...questions from the C.V and personal statement. It was actually a great experience for a first interview.... 2005

FP Morehouse Pros:Regular interview Q. Pay for hotel. Good program. Makes you think it is a University program.Good faculty. Cons: Atlanta and traffic. Different sites for training. Low pay. Michel 2005

FP University of Illinois, Rockford main Track a really courteous program co-ordinator. the welcome at the hotel the previous day is simply awesome. there is a welcome kit waiting with all essentilas of the program and chocolate and coffee. that is followed by dinner with residents. really warm bunch of guys. can freely ask any qn. abt the program. the are is a small area and about 1 hr drive from o'hare chicago airport. the interview dayis really well organised with morning report. the swedish american hospital is really a quiet place. there is a lot of stress on the OB track in the FP program. do one must really mention it in the interview. the PD is a great guy. asks general qns about CAF. two faculty members then interviwewd followed by lunch at Olive Gardens. A great day. Bunky 2005

FP University of Nevada (Reno) Questions Regarding: Limtations of FP career, How will you manage cultural diff., most stressful time of life - how u managed it, sacrifices made in coming to USA, Lessons learnt from life exp., Why LORs were from IM faculty, why no FP Exposure. OBG-GYN rotations in 1st Year are supposed 2 b tough Read on Forum (IMG) 2005

FP University of South Florida-Morton Plant Mease Program You will be taken you out for a fantastic dinner on the night before the interview. You will get a chance to meet a lot of residents in a relaxed setting on the night of the dinner. The interview is the next day. No theoretical questions will be asked. A lot of general questions mainly to assess your dedication to Family Medicine and to see if you will be a good fit with their program. You will also get a chance to ask a lot of questions if you have any. Following the interview they will take you on a tour of the hospital and the clinic. Your stay in Clearwater during the interview will be arranged and paid for by the program. Overall its a great program with a very pleasant interviewing experience. Previous Interviewee 2005

FP University of Wyoming , Cheyenne great program,very nice and friendly people,no medical questions and they pay for everything from your hotel to airfare...highly recommended, No Visa Sponsorship though Alex 2005
IM Bronx-Lebanon, NY General Questions along with a interesting simple clinical case scenario at the end Word of Mouth... 2005

IM Coney island. Relaxed atmosphere. No medicine questions asked. They give a lot of prematches.Mostly the candidates are asked to decide there and then. patsy 2005

IM Cook County Interviewd by 2 attendings. Lots of general questions like personality, program, why IM, Experience, why should i take you, how do u feel about program, How is morning report... They are very friendly. I like the interview here. its a good community program but very busy Shiva 2005
IM Duke University Overall impression: INCREDIBLE PROGRAM
Ranking among programs in country: Mass General, U Penn and Duke compete for the top three Internal Medicine residency programs in the country
STRONG POINTS:
1. Amazing research- basic science/ clinical science research opportunities and facilities are abundant
2. resident autonomy
3. strong didactic curriculum
4. fellowship placement- any fellowship, any university
5. NO IMGs- important
6. training among the best medicine minds of the US- intense peer pressure
7. a PD willing to do anything for residents
8. a chairman who is so involved with resident education- chairman™s rounds every week
9. accessible chairman- at the cafeteria, when I was with the Chief resident Ben Powers, the chairman walked across, the chief resident said Hi, and the Chairman introduced himself to me and spoke to us for a few minutes about the program and about Durham.doesn™t happen often on the interview trail
10. the chairman is an IMG from Belgium
11. clinical epidemiology course for all residents
12. didactics on medico-legal issues, practice options etc.
13. sponsors only H1b visas

> WEAKNESSES:
1. Overzealous PD
2. NO IMGs- sometimes can be a weakness
3. all other residents are rockstar medical students as well
4. very big program
5. resident hierarchy- interns wear short coats and residents wear long coats

We were taken to the attending rounds at the VA hospital, and I was amazed.a second year medical student made a presentation to the attending that literally blew me off my feat.the history, physical, labs, investigations, treatment plan and the ensuing discussion was handled in an awesome fashion by a second year medical student.even now, I doubt if I can make such a good presentation.
As IMGs, we often make a comparision to AMGs, and a lot of IMGs in community hospitals and small university programs, live in the DELUSION that they are better than AMGs, you have to look at AMGs at medical schools at Duke, MGH, Cornell to see how good they are.

AMGs at top medical schools rock!!!!!!!
IM Elmhurst Program - Mount Sinai School of Medicine 2005 experience : 15-20 mins long. Simple Clinical Questions on DM, SABE - like action of hypoglycemic Drugs. Visas NOT sponsored Prematches - YES pasting from forum 2005

IM Fairview Hospital, Cleveland OH 2 people interviewed me. very nice people and friendly. both of these were associate program directors. questions like how did you hear about us?, why did you apply to us?, what will you do 5-10 years from now?, tell me about an interesting case that you encountered. it's a good program for those who are interested in primary care. fellowship yes you can get it if you have at least 1 research about the specialty of your choice. attended the grand rounds. the speaker was from cleveland clinic. there is also lots of teaching in this institution. stricly follows ACGME rules..lots of IMG's in the program..hospital is currently undergoing some renovations.. interviewee 2005

IM Geisinger Program No Clinical Questions - Comfortable general questions - followed by a lenghty presentation (yawn) AIIMS Doc 2005

IM Guthrie Program Medical Questions !! Yana 2005
ok, it dont let me post them all here....dat is strange! try the link to have them all. gl
Need Your A Mintue >>
Visit the link and see all pics after that click on one google ad for me plz http://yourneed.tk
In response to the post about Atlanta being viewed as a con:

Obviously, you don't live there or probably have had some bland experience due to lame friends or residents. You're right about the traffic though, but they are completing a 7-lane highway for I-75/I-85. It may not be New York nor Chicago... and it has less historic buildings than Philly, but Atlanta is a great place to live and where you would like to be if you're planning on moving to the Southeast. You have the Virginia Highlands, Midtown, Buckhead, the Fox Theatre with its dome "skylight", the Woodruff Center, The High Museum, Fernbank, Piedmont park, etc...

And if you want to live a quieter, suburban life with the family, you have a lot of nice places to choose from. And, you don't have to feel obligated to send your children to a private school because the public schools (of course, this cannot be generalized) are really good.

So, it's unfortunate that you haven't seen all the Atlanta could give you. I don't know anything about the Morehouse program or the hospitals you'll be working at; however, Atlanta, as a home, does not come up short whatsoever.

From,
Your Friendly Atlantan Native Smile
And when I started out with the "you"... it was not to single out anyone in particular
chris783 : i am not sure wht u mean. these are wht ppl have said on usmle forums. i have never been there. i treid to collect iv expo when i found any on forum.

Those are not 100% correct info for sure. THESE ARE PPL'S INPUT.

i was ived with a program where never asked med qs, but they asked us med q and case senario!!! so things may change, we shud be ready for everything in case....we shud have some ideas and try to get the best out of it. GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »