Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This forum screwed me up - cancer234
They did download my application.
I just called my school. They say that on my trancripts they show only the name of the rotation and the number of weeks i did them.
Thats all!!
They don't mention as whr i did it.
So i am basically screwed :-(
Just have 3 IVs on hand, i need to do exceptionally good on those.
GL
cancer234,

I am too a Caribbean graduates and I wrote all my clinical rotations as experience against the ADVISE since I thought I should brag (sorry guys!) about my clinical experience in the USA otherwise how the heck they would know about it?
I was too told NOT to write my clinical rotations since they would be in the transcript but I did not listen those voices at the end. Somebody even told me it looks so FOREIGN but i replied saying i am already so foreign...

I have got many IVs so far , I am not sure it is because of my USCE or something else...but I am really sorry that you have to correct it now. Yesterday I got a call from a program; I was asked if my clinical experience was obs or externship...She even asked me if I did history and physical, any procedures, attended the surgeries..I had to explain that they were my actual clinical rotations and I told her about all the curriculum in my school. Obviously some programs dont know what Caribbean schools do.

If you can add your clinical experience as USCE in ERAS now, it is not late. Good luck.

Lesson to others: whatever advise you get from others, follow your instincts too..(I am just stubborn!!!!!!)
cancer,

I was specifically told that clinical rotations are mandatory so writing them as wrk experience only causes confusion because you are expected to have clinical experience anyway, but (A BIG BUT) that the fact is our clinical rotations are in the USA just like AMGs...so my stubborness worked may be this time...
Dear cancer234,

Please look at news letter at EGFMG website carefully. They sent that over half year ago..there have every single detail about everything of regarding applications. you shouldn't completely trust on this forum what people said here. everybody here has had enough for themself, not take any of responsibiility for some body's questions, just some suggesttions....I think

Be a big doc. trust yourself and the truth. you will be fine. all the best
somebody made a good remark that the schools should direct us in what to do really...My school did not advise me in anyway but I did not ask them either...how doe other carib grads write their rotations?
I already submitted my application, i called ERAS, they say that i can't do anything now Sad
I am so disheartened so heart broke.
My hands on experience was the strongest point in my whole application. I dunno if i shud email all the programs or do wat.
All these days i was wondering as why programs were rejecting me even though i had all the requirements.
I should have written. I wish i can go back and change, but i can't.
Sad
You should have LORS from the rotations in the US.
I do have them.
5 good letters.
I uploaded 4 in all the programs.
But people who are going thru the applications, won't have time to check that and count as how many weeks for what rotation.
If it shows on the work exp, that wud have been the best thing happened to me.
AM sooooo super stupid to have listened to the advices here.
cancer234,

I think you can try to contact to the programs..You have very legitimate reason to contact to them. You are not asking them if you have a chance to get an IV. YOU ARE ASKING THEM IF YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR CLINICAL EXPERIENCE SINCE THERE WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE. write your clinical experience and email them promptly..seriously if you are so concern-of course this is an advise now again, and be a smart guy/gal now to use your common sense.

good luck.
First of all sorry to hear about ur problem.

Then, I think it is written in the eras and every where how to fill your application form.
Then, why do you really rely on the forum to write such an important thing? and why ur doing this again if you think that people here screwed you?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »