Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panic or real?? - notimeforfun
@zealot: how many programs did you apply to? With your credentials, you should have lot more interviews unless you have been very selective with application.
notimeforfun, Post the link to the report. And as far as i know it is not until 2020 that ECFMG no longer accepts IMGs from Schools without LCME accreditation. So chill out and let others concentrate on this year and stop acting like looser.
@wrngturn: 89 programs. Yes, I was selective...but no regrets Smile I don't want to end up miserable during residency.
@imggrad1: m just curious to ask u all who r actually facing the interviews..
its the post of some 'pathopatho' not 'MINE"
i am a step1 aspirant and came across this post in my step 1 forum.. so i thought to ask all of u seniors of mine!! i am not a loser.. the other guy is who posted it..
@zealot: i want some advice from u..
since i got very late to apply for electives now,, can i go for electives under private doctors?
i am student till march 2011.. plz one last advice from u!!
notimeforfun,

Sorry man. I thought it was yours. My sincere advise to you is work hard, get excellent scores and do good USCE and you will be fine. No matter what they say, they still keep taking IMGs, may be in few numbers and that too years from now. So you still go one more year to prove yourself and always try to be one among the selected. By the time of application, you will be a recent grad, so don't worry and work hard. You definitely will succeed. As far as the electives go, working under private doctors might not be of help unless you got not no other choice.

Good Luck
Private doctor electives are useless. In my opinion, you will be better off volunteering with Habitat for Humanity than working with a private doc. And I am not kidding about habitat for humanity. It is a good thing to have on your CV.
Funny kid! That I do not know. I don't think you can get a malpractice insurance which you need in electives since it is a hands on experience. US lors coming from university professors are more credible than private physicians. Even if the elective is a subinternship or a clinical clerkship matters. It's really crazy!
@all: that makes me quite sad!
i was thinking of going for americlerkships since i have lost bright chances for electives in universities! but still am hopeful of getting some,, i was keeping this as a backup for that!!
Phewww.. i thought God helps hardworkers..
atleast am not the lucky 1...
but thanks all of you.. u made me comfortable! besides about electives,, i can only pray to GOD
well said buddy Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »