Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement of Need for J1 from India - stepthreeusmle
http://www.mohfw.nic.in/noc.pdf
Really ?? he told 4-5 days?! Thank you very much american_dream for letting us know. I called twice this week, first time he told 15 days, second time 10 days...!! did he tell you how long they will take if you send someone with auth. letter? thanks a lot again. I hope you got your answer too from MOH.

@neuro : I also saw that link for the written assurance letter first, later I found another link with a better alignment here - http://www.indiacgny.org/UserFiles/prescribed_form.pdf

Thanks.
I tried these numbers for a couple days- always got a busy tone. So I finally decided to mail the all the materials and sent via Fedex. Finally my husband figured out some distant relative in Delhi. He went there yesterday with scanned copies of my papers- which are: offer letter, written assurance, cover letter, passport copy. They saw all these and asked for an acceptance letter or a contract. My program said they can't give the contract till July. So my Q is - did any of you face this problem, if yes what did you do. What is an acceptance letter?
Hey, I also got busy tone several times, it must be due to huge no. of calls they are receiving. But I kept trying and the person replied. So did u send the papers as well as sent your relative?

Written assurance is needed in original with signature. Also, request for SON (that's the Cover letter) in original. If sending somebody then authorization letter in original.

Rest copies are okay. The person told me, offer letter or contract letter, but if I have both, then to send them both. I did get both from my program as they know that these two are needed for SON. I guess you talk to the person at MOH yourself and let him know that you have the offer letter only and will get the contract letter later. I think it would be okay. Please call the 1945 no. People picking up the other no. always asks to call back at 1945 no.

Did they say in how many days they would give the SON to your relative ?

Thanks and Good Luck.
Thanks fmdoc2011. I will call 1945 again today and see what happens. Yes, I mailed the papers and also sent my relative there. My papers will reach Delhi hopefully tomorrow. My relative will go there again tomorrow. Will see what happens and will keep all of you posted. We did not ask how many days. Will try and ask that.
Sure, hope you get through today. No point in asking the person over phone regarding how many days though, he gives different answers. Maybe its better that your relative asks when he/she goes there again. I heard it was 1-2 days in person last year. Thanks for letting us know.
@step3usmle.. hey thats cool.. so how did you send authorization letter to your relative.. because as i was told they need assurance letter and authorization letter in original..

well I have also not got contract letter from my program.. and hey anyone has difficulty getting offer letter from advanced program??.. i have called my advanced program several times but they have not sent me letter yet!!!
Hi guys, i have a doubt..

I have matched into Neurology, I received the offer letter from transitional program and nothing from the Neuro program.. will the transitional letter suffice for the SON??

Also, the offer letter just has the name and designation of the PD in the "From" context.. and I was asked to sign and return the form, it has NO SIGNATURE OF THE PD.. will this letter suffice though for my SON?

Thank you
@stepthreeusmle: hi, any update regarding the status of your SON ? I would appreciate if you could please let me know whether your relative received your SON.
is it ok if we fax the documents to our contacts in delhi? or do they need the original signed ones.?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »