Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To do medicine again in USA - alcholi
hi,i am also in he same situation. i found that we are not eligible to go for a med school again(Caribbean med schools) as per ecfmg.but i dont know if we can go for a DO school in the US.do you have any additional info on this.please share.thanks. am also pulling info on phy.assistant programs.will share as soon as i get it.
I also personally have seen DO students and residents and they are really very intelligent
yes u can retake usmle if ur REDO medical skul
usmle id is for medical degree NOT for an individual
there is no mention anywhere u cant redo medical skul
Is anyone considering it?

I am strongly thinking about it and planning to give MCATs and see what score I get.

I am a Ross-grad but and yes I am multiple fails but have completed all USMLE steps. This was my 5th try but still
no go... PDs tell me the
multiple fails and IMG hurts me. I have done research route and have two publications but no luck on that too.

I am thinking american MD degree gives me a best chance...

Anybody in the same boat??
if they dont accept you and you have given up completely on finding residency, then look into Physician assistant programs. 2 year program that you are eligible for, income around $100,000, doing same job as physician but with less responsibility.
No way Jose, try to come up with another plan
"I am thinking american MD degree gives me a best chance..."

You can't do MD programs when you already have an MD.
I am in the same boat .. Now I want DO degree .
It's easier to get
Let see
blueamg

Unless u are familiar with admissions process, please dont spread useless rumors.

I have personally contacted multiple medical schools and they have stated they would consider my application.
docjesse

you've already got an MD degree. Why not just apply to DO? You went to Ross in the first place 'cus either your MCAT or GPA wasn't competitive. What's going to change now? Your ugrad GPA is what it always was.

The average acceptance rate for DO is GPA: 3.6, MCAT: 24 - that's a lot easier to do than avg MD acceptance anyway & either way, you'll be a doctor with all specialties open. Don't worry to much about the label - you will be able to say MD next to your name if it's that important to you 'cus you'll have an MD degree and completed a US residency (DO & MD residencies will be combined from next year onwards).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »