Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depressed - naina3
Don't give up. I have low score, old grad more than 5 years, second try match, three years in US,not that good clinical experience, got divorced from husband, met an accident and had injured spine,had three interviews and did not match, worked shitty job and finally got SOAP offer. matched in top notch.
@kpn7 what specialty did you get soap offer from
thanks and congrats
psychiatry
@kpn7, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
@kpn - congrats! What program?
Me too. I wish I could cheer you up but it is difficult, we are doctors in our countries and then we risk it all to come here to be second class citizens and then we cannot go back because we have been out of our countries for so long that we lost contact with our friends and colleagues and we start to felling trapped in this country and cannot go back and accept to made a mistake leaving in the first place. If I could just turn back time... I didn't just lost time and money but my training as a doctor is becoming a blur, I don't even feel as a doctor now. sorry I just miss my previous life.
If it helps somebody I would not recommending staying here for too long, if you don't match in one or two years the chances of matching are really slim, not impossible but highly unlikely. Go back as soon as you can before is too late and be with your family
I am in same,last yr no IV, this yr one IV no match...... I cried whole day, next day even still I don't know why god didn't accept my prayer. What sin I did to be away from God? Each step I struggled ......with family in laws sickness financial issue pregnancy, raising kids so many. Still God want me to suffer .
Now working as CNA in a hospital don't know it will hurt my resume or not.
Last yr already done externship after big struggle, I thought externship and step 3 will make a big change in me and I will match but still not

Don't know how to improve my resume more. I don't want to give up.

How about MPH? Is MPH will help, any one have experience
Hello all, I know exactly how u all feel, I was on ur shoes 3 yrs ago , now about to graduate from residency. It is all like a dream.
I can tell u for sure , don't give up. God is real and he answers prayers in his time. I was home for 5 yrs, applied 4 x and matched at the 4 time. Wrote exams in struggle from one pregnancy to the other , back to back , with attempt at the steps ... Yet when it was God's time, I too experienced that euphoric day and feeling of opening ur email and seeing congratulations you matched. It is feeling like no other, believe it can happen to you.
It is hard , I know , the pain is grave , I have felt it...
But in the end , it will ALL fade away in just a moment , once u see that email. U forget all the pain , years , struggles and ur life changed forever.
Is it worth it continue -- YES. The gains are even more after residency.... Those Poor kids of urs that have sacrifices get to reap something ... I have daily offers from all over with outrageous pay I never even dreamed off. The joy of even being addressed as a doctor is more than enough let alone with all that money.
U feel fulfilled. Pls ladies don't give up , I am a mother like most of u 3 kids ... So I know ur pain , sanctifies because I have felt them.
Pls be encouraged. God is on the throne, The Lord Jesus loves u
Thanks, menee. Your words encourage me in a moment in which I have only my tears to offer to God.
You are very welcomed, philomena , He will see those tears and He will act. Just keep trusting , keep trying. May The Lord bless you and keep u in this very trying times and for all mothers here going through the same pain, i send my love and prayers
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »