Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physician assistant school admission help.--urgent - pa_admission
You're not alone in being an old grad and trying to move on.

All the best.
Sad
^ You read about and meet quite a few old grads.

At this point: I don't think it's right for schools to graduate people (who intend to practice in the US) without the Step exams. Even a person who passes all 4 exams (Step 1, Step 2CK, Step 2CS, Step 3) within a year, they still end up being one year away from graduation by the time they apply.
Hi.
I am also looking to apply for a p.a programme.
I had a poor step 1 and 3 attempts on step 2.My chances are slim.
Here is what i know,Different schools have different application deadlines but most are about now/november/early december.i would suggest you apply as soon as possible.
There is a central body thru which the application is done caspa. It is similar to sophas for public health masters
Yes you do need gre and prerequisites.
Send a transcript from wes or any recognised evaluating body to the school.i think the school analyzes and decides the prerequisites you would need.usually this would be psychology ,algebra,depending on the courses not taken in med school.
3 lors, and toefl if english is not your first language.
I am still undecided between a physician asistant programme or a masters in public health.
All the best.
thank u for ur feedback.
so we have to take GRE to. i contacted some, and they do not need it. jeez this is so tough. how long is pa school for.
pa school is for 2 years. ull be doing all the work and the MD will be earning. if i were u i wud do a rotation or research with a director.
Hi guys, is anyone thinking about PA school. if so, please add ur email here.
hi
Hi, I have a good alternative. I did a year internship in Puerto Rico and now I am eligible for general practice license. Once I pass step 3 I can work in areas of need and under a licensed physician. Depending on the state there are limitations but ultimately after a cpl years they allow you to apply for the state license. Also you can stay and work in Puerto Rico.I would look into it if I were you and check where else they offer internships. Some hospitals pay some dont. Some dont even require fluent spanish. My wife also did the internship and got residency after two years of not matching. I think it makes a difference and allows you to get a license. Best of luck.
hello everyone, just wanted to update everyone.

i got into a hospital and am shaddowing a pa,
sooner or later i will apply and get into pa school
yayyyyyyy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »