Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credentials 2016 match - mlefogoal
2007 grad/ 25+/25+/step2 cs pass first attempt/7 months usce including externship/ step 3 pending/4 US LORs-1 from PD
- By God's grace got 12 interviews with no connections/have EAD

Applied to 200 programs
- 100 FM- no interviews
100 IM- 12 interviews

My impression- scores and usce matter a lot in getting interviews even for old grad
@acestep2

Wow. 12 IM IVs but 0 FM IVs? Your YOG is old, but the rest of your creds are great. Why do you think no FM IVs? Do you need visa or is IM more forgiving regarding old IMGs?
I think IM is more forgiving for YOG
plus all my strong US LORS were in IM, only one FM LOR from private practice. That could be a reason too. I dont have usce in Peds, that cud matter too.
i dont need a visa
@acestep2

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Good luck on Match day
@acestep2 i know a friend with similar username, her name is nancy. great scores, you will land in your first choice program.
@jennashell

I could not have said it better myself!
There are two types of candidates. Perfect candidates: MS4 of american schools with 240+ on all tests with 0 attempts. And the rest of us. Anyone that doesn't fulfill these conditions is in a freefall and has to hustle to get matched somewhere. The problems start when there are a number of people that think that scores are everything and they have other fundamental problems, like being IMG, attempts, old YOG, these will filter you out of most programs. Be weary of people that only share part of what is going on with them. There are people here complaining but they don't tell you that they graduated 20 years ago or have 4 attempts on one test. There is a method to this madness and there are factors that we can control. Get good scores, get known at a program and don't time pass you by.
226/230/cs/2010/GC all usmle steps in first attempt, Got 2 iv
@azhar_raja0
How many programs did u apply
Hi azhar, I have similar stats, No of Iv and legal status. Can we connect via email?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »