Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc/pt-38 - marie99
okk marrie thank you for all the amazing questions and all the tutoring and scolding!!!
i am off now or ill be hung over tomo.. strange i quit drinking two months ago because of this stupid exam and i still can get hung over!!!

goodnight everyone.. take care...
doctoria,
dontworry, professor broke my heart too...
ok, it is C. It's just that you forgot to also write the letter after "answer"
aww doctoria...remember the saying...first the worst, second the best third with the one with the golden chest???
Smile

thanks prof marie!!!!!
Ok...I always create trouble in Marie's class...today is extra special. Marie.... eventhough D is right so is A. There r three steps of referral ;

Self referral
Provider referral (Doctor/ hospital)
Contract referral (DHS)

Provider referral is a notification strategy where, with the consent of the infected patient, the provider takes responsibility for confidentially notifying partners of the possibility of their exposure to a STD. The DIS will search health department open and closed records to determine whether the partner has ever been tested or treated for STD or HIV and to seek additional locating information. If the partner has been previously tested and/or treated, then the DIS determines whether notification is still warranted. Notification may not be needed if the partner has been recently tested, treated, or counseled and is aware that he or she has been exposed to an STD. If notification is needed, the DIS can use the information provided by the original patient or by record search to locate and refer the partner for prevention counseling, testing, and examination (see Appendix F for details of provider notification process). Once the partner has been located, the DIS informs him or her confidentially and privately of the possibility of his or her exposure to STD. Information leading to the identity of the original patient is never revealed to the partner.

Research has shown that provider referral is the most effective method to notify partners (Macke, 1999). When discussing partners, the DIS should elicit names and exposure information with the assumption the health department will perform the notification.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/program/partner/6-PGpartner.htm

DOC , the answer is D.

good night CD, Was a fun session...........
Adrenaline why u want to put the DHS to rest ,everynow & then give them some work, our TAX $$$$$$$" are paying their salary................................

Yeah...thats right...In India nobody talks of tax $$$.....coz they hardly pay taxes...here everything is questioned by Tax $$$. As if the contributed the entire $ 300 trillion budget...hehehhee
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »