Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my result today....95/228 - pyrimidine
sorry to reply you late guys.....I studied for almost 6 months. I gave atleast two readings to each subject. Exception Beh. science for just one time. Biochemistry for three times. Pathology for three times.

Yes this is true that I had only one question from Biochemistry. But I am talking about Metabolic pathways. I had one question from Enzyme kinetics and many questions from Hormones and second messenger system. So probably I think, if you haven't done Biochemistry metabolism, you can concentrate only on clinically relevant topics, i.e MCAD deficiency, G6PD def, Lysosomal storage diseases etcs....If you don't have time, you probably don't need to learn hard each and every metabolic pathways. Again this was my exam experience only...I am not a strategy maker. You can replace Beh. Science inplace of Biochemistry for your hard work and time.

I had many straight forward questions testing my concepts. But overall I think I haven't had many expected questions. As I said before I haven't had many questions from leukemia/lymphoma, CVS pharma, ANS pharma etcs.

Most important topics you must know:

HIV/AIDS : everything including pharma.
Viral Hepatitis, second messenger, enzyme kinetics, vitamins, Everything about genetics even a smallest of the details, Neurology including gross slide, CT/MRI; Lung CA including paraneoplastic; abdominal vicera blood supply; Biostatistic; legal issues, doc-patient relationships; defense mechanism; study designs; plus many many questions.
I had studied full time. I was not doing job. But as I mentioned earlier that my preparation was very wayward. Initially I was hardly studying for may be 6 hrs at max. I had also watched entire cricket world cup. every single match. So if you want you don't need to drop off your job. But I would recommend to study full time for atleast 12 to 14 hrs in last month.

I did not do FA at all. I don't like short cuts but rather I like to go for detail explanations. I had always my computer on with internet...so I could go for the detail explanation when ever I wanted.
as yu recommended to do Behav sci from some other source beside KAplan .then what do you suggest ?? BRS???
I don't know but I was not happy at all from Kaplan Beh. science.
congrats.i have my exam in dec.read all the kaplan material onces and now doing it again,i just have 3.5 months,is it enough time to revise,memorise and also solve q banks?i study full time.
how many revisions are needed?is goljan a must read?is kaplan patho enough?
Congratulations on passing Step 1, it is over and you are entitled to enjoy the score which is above 90, the future does not depend entirely on score above 96, You did it!!!,
Thank you for your input, I have to go to Norwalk at the end of Oct, you helped me a lot.
Good luck in the next step.
to Linez,

You have got more than enough time to revise and do enough questions. Goljan pathology is not an absolute requirement but you should listen to him atleast once and if possible twice. YOu can go with kaplan patho book. Both books are equally informative. I think in 3.5 months you can even revise all your material thrice, especially you study full time. If you can revise all the material trice and all your questions twice, no one can stop you getting 99%. well GL
thank you for those kind and encouraging words.wish you a 99 in c.k and step-3.good luck.

by the way did you do residency back home or masters?
Hi
Congrats for the great score.What other book do u use for beha sciences? high yeild,neuroanantomy-?high yeild.
Kindly reply.Thanks.
rajeshk2u
Hi Pyrimidine,

Nice score, is there a reason you chose CT as center, I live in CT, any materials you want to sell? Please reply and also give your contact email ID. i am an IMG from india(Blore) and struggling to get my study materials organized.

ThanX
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »