Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No IVS yet - gringo
just few of us didnot get interview , rest everyone is getting , feeling so bad . my step1 attempt spoiled my life .
add me too..applied to 90 IM programs..no IV so far...97/99/cs pass/ 2007 graduate..god help me
count me in
imgindia,

with your creds, if you don't get any iv till now......................................god what's going on?????????
hi you all ...dont give up ...2 days ago i did not have any ...but yesterday i have got 2 iv in good programs ..just keep your spirit up ...
count me to 32rejectionts/182 programs 84/78/cs old grad
credentials plz
here u have it.... let the truth be told...

My 2008 match personal diary......

10/12/2007 Creds: 84(2nd)/86/cs/79/1994/gc/some usce/good lors
My Rej(39)/IVs(0) summary:---I am going to make a Guinness record, my goal is 200 rejs...

#Rejs:

@Anesthesia:
1.University of Cincinnati, OH(09/17, reason: " There are a large number of highly qualified applicants this year, and I have to make difficult decisions.")

2.University of New Mexico School of Medicine, NM(09/21, reason:"We have been fortunate to have many well qualified applicants. As a result, our training program has become very competitive.")

3.Wayne State University / Detroit Medical Center(09/25, reason:"We have already received almost 400 applications for our 10 positions, an extremely large amount. Like other programs, we are seeing more interest in our specialty. The quality of the applicants continues to impress us. Therefore, we had to look at applicants more critically and raise our expectations regarding USMLE scores, past experience (anesthesia, research,. . .), grades on transcripts, etc")

4.University of Florida COM- Regret(09/26, reason:"we regret that we are unable to grant you an interview. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applicants to our program, we are unable to interview everyone. Therefore, we carefully screen the applications and invite only those applicants we feel are the most competitive for our program. This also helps the applicants to conserve their travel funds."--Thanx, UF, my travel funds were saved!)

5.University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI(10/09, "We have had an umprecedented number of candidates apply for our residency through ERAS this year. Right now I have no open interview spots that I can offer you. I wanted to convey this information to you so that you may make plans to attend to your other interviews and not wait to hear from us.")

6.University of Kentucky, KY(10/10, "We have received an overwhelming number of quality applications to our program this year through ERAS, and have only a limited number of interview positions available.")

7.Ochsner Anesthesiology New Orleans, LA(10/11, "After a careful and thorough review of this year's applicant pool, I regret to inform you that we will not be able to offer you an interview for a position in our Anesthesiology Residency Program. Review of your application demonstrates many outstanding qualities, and I am certain that hard work and dedication will allow you to achieve your goal of training in anesthesia."---nice rejection)

@FM:
1.LSU@Shreve, LA(09/06, so-called "not first round" letter)

2.Miami Valley Hospital, OH

3.UMass Worcester, MA

4.Tallahassee Memorial, FL( 09/17, reason: "The applicant pool is extremely competitive")

5.VCU-Fairfax, VA(09/20, reason: "Due to a limited interview space, we are unable to interview
all those who apply.")

6.Penn State/Good Samaritan Hospital(09/26, reason: "We have had a large response of applicants to our program (over 800 applicants so far for 6 positions.")

7.Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN(09/27, NRS)

8.Waukesha, WI(09/27, NRS)

9.Yakima Valley Memorial, WA(10/03, "we have decided not to invite you for an interview. It is our hope that this notice will allow you to concentrate your energies on other potential Residency sites.")

10.Jackson Memorial Hospital, FL(10/10, "We have been very deliberate in our selection and after careful thought have chosen individuals to interview who had the specific combination of background, experience, and disposition we thought essential for the position. Such decisions are always difficult especially with the caliber of each of the applicants, yourself included, who applied for the position.")

11.Bayfront Medical Center, FL(10/11, "The Residency Selection Committee has reviewed your file and decided not to request an interview at this time. If your application is reconsidered, you will be contacted immediately.")

12.Eastern Virginia Medical School Portsmouth, VA(10/11, "We have had an usually large number of applications to our program this year, each of which we have carefully screened. We regret that due to the large number of excellent applicants who have applied to the program, we are unable to interview every applicant. We realize that each physician has a strong desire to visit in order to demonstrate their unique abilities and strengths.")

13.University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Little Rock, AK(10/11, NRS)

@IM:
1.Maimonides Medical Center, NY (09/17, no reason stated)

2.Abington Memorial, PA(09/24, "We now require applicants to have passed steps 1 & 2 with a score of 90 or above on their first attempt. The CS and step 3 must also be passed on the first attempt. Step 3 is required even if applicants do not require an H1b visa".)

3.York Hospital, PA(10/03, "over 80% of the International Medical Graduate candidates that
have been accepted into our residency program have not only met the initial criteria, but have been MRCP certified or had extensive US or UK residency experience"---If MRCP is a requirement, why need ECFMG?)

4.Bassett Healthcare, NY(10/5, NRS)

5.Unity Health System, NY(10/11, " This year we will process over 3500 applications and it is impossible to invite all of the very qualified candidates who have applied.")

@Peds:
1.Grand Rapids, Michigan(09/18, "90 on Step 1, a 90 on Step 2 CS, a Pass on the first attempt on Step 2 CS, a medical school graduation date between 2005 and 2008, and some U.S. clinical experience." --this one is dumb for me, I did not check other people's posting b4 applying, a lesson!)

2.Maimonides Medical Center, NY(09/19, no reason stated)

3.Children's Hospital Medical Center of Akron, OH(09/21, nrs)

4.New York Medical College at Westchester, NY(10/8, NRS)

@Psy:
1.University of Louisville, KY(09/13, no reason stated)

2.Palmetto Health / USC SoM(09/25, NRS)

@Neuro:
1.Indiana University School of Medicine, IN(09/24, NRS)

2.UT Southwestern Medical, TX(09/24, "We have already recieved more than 300 applications for our 6 residency positions, so the selection process is extremely competitive even for highly qualified candidates.")

3.Medical College of Wisconsin, WI(10/02, "To date, we have received in excess of 400 applications. It is very hard to pick only 50 candidates out of that number when so many were very impressive.")

4.Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium, MO(10/3, NRS)

5.Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN(10/09, "We receive hundreds of applications for the nine positions we offer in adult neurology. At this time, your application was not felt to be competitive enough to offer you an interview.")

6.University of Tennessee Memphis(10/11, NRS)

7.University of Rochester Medical Center, NY(10/11, "Due to the large number of applications received, we have been forced to interview applicants by invitation only. We regret that we are unable to interview you at this time. Your application will be kept on file.")

@Prelim Surg:
1.Ohio State University Columbus, OH(10/11, "Upon careful review of your application, we regret that we are unable to offer you an interview this year.")

#On-Holds:
1. Psy Penn State/Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, PA(09/24)

#IVs:
2 rej / no iv Sad(((((((((
me too..count me in pretty much..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »