Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to all those who r intersted in obgyn - meghaww
hi raajee
try in baylor, methodist, texas lubbock
Hi
very happy that we got a special ob/gyn topic.
I finished my post graduation (3 yrs) in India last year. My scores r 99 in step 1 and 2 and I am ECFMG certified, planning to take step 3 in August.
though I tried a lot to get USCE, no success, So I am worried as I do not have any USCE and need H1b visa too. I understand that USCE is very important especially for Ob/Gyn. I am not sure if i need to apply for other easy specialties like Internal medicine, Family practice as I am very much interested in Ob/Gyn.
any suggestions r welcome.
thanks for ur time
With those scores, you surely have a chance in OB/GYN srisoujanya. Apply to a few FM programs just in case, FM gives you the chance to do a fellowship in obstetrics after you graduate.
i did DGO
i have one US LOR FROM NON OBGYN PERSON
3 month expereince in community care clinic---free clinic
scores ---92/97
GREEN CARD

Going to start one more observrership sooon

what do u think

i dont think i wll be called by tooo many program as i m 2004 grad
so i m trying for FP,OBGYN AND IM

LETS PLAY THE LOTTERY GUYS

YUH0000000000000000000000000
Hi everyone,
Am presently in an Obs & Gynae residency programme in England but looking to move over to the states next wk-hopefully. Just sat step 3. Steps 1 and 2 scores just abt ok--no 90s
So i sure do need help on how to apply properly
So meghaw, i beg of you to enlighten us, since it seems you know the know hows -How do we go about gathering information on applying correctly?
Cheers
Hi, i'm thinking of applying for obgyn this year, i have a score of 95 and 99, and will be starting with an obgyn research in a few days, i'll be involved in the research for 6 months, hopefully i may get a US LOR. Will the research help me get a residency. if i don't get it this year, what are the chances of me getting it next year suppose the research that i do gets published??pls help me out. i learnt from the chairperson of a reputed program that "although it has become easier for foreign medical graduates to get it, but it is still quite difficult" actually he quoted it that way, and i'm still confused what does he mean!
hello friends,
good to see so many people in here posting for obgyn
i think match a resident gives a good list for obgyn
i have low score in step 2, but i have done few observerships and planning for step 3 now
i dont know what else to do to improve my cv
but there r signiificant programs in new york that r img friendly
any one can advice anyhting to me?
inputs highly appreciated
thanks
to all in this thread- scramble is for AMG,not for IMGs. not many know about it. it is even harder than match Sad
to knopochka,
i see that u have an interest in obgyn.
there is somethng i would like to ask u.
i am an img and presently on b1 visa volunteering here and i am planning to apply for residency in obgyn this year.
can u tell me the other specialities that would help to bridge the gap so that i could get H1b in obgyn, if i dont match this year.
thankyou
may be transitional year or try to get prelim.? i would ask medhelp too. he/she post very useful information on this forum.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »