Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many programs needed for match? - sridevi
here comes the attitude-man !!!
keep going..would like to hear more from you !!!!!!!!1

Smile
rolla, if i am interested in x and y programs and then if I rank x in 1st and y in 2 nd positions, but if they ranked me much lower then how this match works?
sram336...i think it all depends on the choices of the people who are in front of you on that list...if they match somewhere else...u have a chance...if not.....then..u're out
yes laura you are correct...that's the way it works i guess....but one thing i do not understand..match is said to be candidate friendly..what does that mean?
any idea?
Hope it helps:

Assume that each boy has a list of the n girls in order of preference, and vice versa. The algorithm then proceeds in rounds.
In round one, each boy goes to his first-choice girl and says, œWill you marry me? Each girl, after considering the boys proposing
to her (if any), answers œmaybe (gets engaged) to the one who™s highest on her preference list and œno to the rest.
In successive rounds, each boy rejected in the previous round goes to his next-choice girl and proposes to her. Each girl, once
again, looks at everyone proposing to her (including her engagement from the previous round) and says œmaybe to her most
preferred boy and œno to the rest.
Finally, when every boy is engaged to some girl, the algorithm terminates and the girls turn to their partners and say œyes.
To see that this point is eventually reached, notice that no boy can be rejected by all the girls, because there are exactly n of each
sex and a girl rejects an offer only when she is engaged to someone else; once engaged, moreover, she stays engaged. In addition,
because each round involves at least one proposal and no boy proposes to the same girl more than once, the algorithm must halt
after at most n2 rounds.
awesome. I think this is what candidate friendly is- candidates preference matched for programs.
sram336 this is the case when the no. of boys and girls are the same...in our case however, girls are less, however it is a matter of luck also.....so keep hopes high.....

And one more question, after you submit your ROL do you have any other work to do or just sit back and relax and wait for the match day??

any idea dear friends?
anyone please.
sridevi is lonely now...Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »