Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 score 276/99 - pollux
smoke - Haha, I know someone's gonna ask me this sooner or later. Long story short, I did my undergrad in Canada as an international student (I'm from Taiwan). I was planning to apply to US and Canadian med schools for Fall 2007 intake, and was planning to work in the mean time. However, my work permit did not fall through and I had to leave Canada. As I was no longer a student, I couldn't go back to Taiwan without having to fulfill the compulsory military training. Luckily, I got the accepted from UQ and could start in January 2006, so I gladly took the offer. I actually posted a thread in SDN in late 2005 asking for advice for my situation back then; have a read if you're interested, it contained the full story.
showthread.php?p=3015587 (on SDN forum, I couldn't paste the link without getting an error)

scarlett0208 - Thank you, I'm glad my experience helped motivate other people with their studies. Don't worry too much about Histo, it's a relatively low-yield subject on the exam. Just know the Histo stuff on FA though. Cell bio and molecular biology are quite high-yield. I thought Kaplan notes for this subject was pretty good, and definitely helped me understand HY cell bio when I read it subsequently. I think FA and Kaplan are enough for pharm.
That's what's up bro! It's so CRAZY u want to be a pathologist!!! After I graduated from college, I was an autopsy assistant for a year. I gotta say ONE thing - those ppl in there are FREAKSHOWS!!! Not, saying you are. Its just the people I worked with - were psychos. They were so hardcore - I was like the patient is dead and you guys are not surgeons - why all the stress? lol BUt anyways, I applaud you and your efforts. You should be very proud of yourself as this is an especially difficult exam for non-US students. You killed it and are going to be great at anything and everything you do. Congratulations bro!
awesome score.. congrattttttttttttsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when will you start preparing for step2?
wht to say !! i think everything that can be expected has been conveyed .....
.well congratulations to u ..i never knew one can get 276 .
u worked hard and u achieved it ..a v best of luck ahead in life ..
man! thats too much.276!! but awesome score,u worked for it..congratulations n goodluck in other steps..Smile
congratulations and what you did was really amazing. thank you so much for sharing your strategy here with us. I do hope that you can share with us the answer key for the NBME1-6 i tried looking up for the answers but took too much of my time which i really don't have (mom of 3) , i'm giving my test on april 8 , but if you can't remember the answers it's ok , but id you do have time pls don't forget me Smile, here's my email: doc_chieski
congratulations once again!
CONGRATS DOCTOR FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND MANANGE IT WELL.I PROUD TO YOU AND GL FOR NEXT STEPS. CAN YOU SEND ME ANSWER FOR NBME 1-6 AND HY OF ANY SUBJ
YOU HAVE. TANK YOU.GL.MY E-M; USMLEPRAY@YAHOO.COM
congrats!!is biochem enough from FA ??
Dear Pollux, unbelievable, amazing score u got. You proved the fact that if we really work hard and stay focussed we can achieve what we want. Not expecting but doing our best and the rest will just follow in a wonderful way like your score after u took exam.

I wish you all the best for ur next exams, steps 2, CS, 3.

I do have a request to you, its the same as some of our forum friends asked you, please please please post the answers to the questions of NBME forms 2,3,4,5,6. It will help many. We will be thankful to you.

God bless,
bye,
cytp450
forgot to mention, my email is gdy4you at gmail dot com. thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »