Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pooled resources on IVmaterial keep it alive, pls. - mysam
sure, i have made my own strategy for this short time.
if anybody help me out by giving some more ideas, that would be a great help.

ISt going for -- CV
and
-----researching that program.

If i will feel good after interview, sure i will share it.
We are Offering short mock interview Followed by a brief feedback.

It would be on skype or Phone.... The timings would depend on the availability of interviewers it would be on first come first serve basis

For details

medhelp@live.com
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=137375
just wanted to add this info. God bless you all!!
bump
What does this bump mean?
Residency Interview Success and Debacle
Kendra Campbell, Medical Student, Emergency Medicine, 11:33AM Oct 14, 2009

My ob/gyn rotation ended on a Saturday night. After running errands on Sunday, I stuffed my luggage and two doggies into my incredibly small 2-seater car and drove from New York to Baltimore, where my first residency interview was to take place. I spent the whole day Monday polishing up my curriculum vitae, practicing interview questions, and researching the program.

Monday night I was scheduled to have an œinformal dinner with the residents from the program. I was a little nervous, as I wasn™t quite sure what to expect. However, the evening ended up being quite enjoyable. I had a delicious meal, and got along with all of the residents quite well.

Tuesday morning I woke up when it was still dark to prepare for my interview day. After I put on my suit, I stared at myself in the mirror for a few minutes. I thought back to the last time I wore a suit. It was for my interview to get into medical school. How very long ago that seemed! I suddenly realized how far I™d come in the past three years, and how much I™d learned. It was at that moment that I had a profound realization. I had been so caught up in the whole rigamarole involved with applying to residency programs, that I failed to realize the importance of what I was doing. I am applying for a JOB! Someone actually wants to hire me to be a DOCTOR! It all of a sudden seemed very real, tangible, strange, and wonderful.

I think the interview day went well. I enjoyed meeting the program director, attendings, residents and interns. Everyone was incredibly nice and answered my questions quite thoroughly. I got plenty of free food and a nice tour of the hospital and clinic. I was actually surprised to realize how much I was interviewing them as much as they were interviewing me. I guess it didn™t occur to me until then that they were also trying to impress me. I think that made the whole day a lot more pleasurable and less nerve-wracking.

After the interview was finished, I thanked everyone and headed out to the parking lot to drive home. I was happy, relaxed, and on top of the world. I sat in my car, put the key in the ignition, turned the key, and then....nothing! My battery was dead! I had began my drive to the hospital in the dark, but it was daylight by the time I arrived. I was so focused on the interview that I had forgotten to turn off my car™s headlights!

Luckily, my car has a manual transmission, and I have been in this type of pickle before. I knew that I could push my car until it reached a decent speed, then jump in, and œpop the clutch, causing the car to start, even with a dead battery. However, it took me many tries before it actually worked. So, there I was, within view of the residency director™s office window, in my very professional business suit, pushing the bumper of my car, and then quickly hopping in the car as it rolled down the hills. I™m sure I looked quite funny in my suit, my hands covered with grime, pushing my car all around the parking lot. If any of my interviewers witnessed this debacle, I™m hoping they were able to see it from the same hilarious angle that I did!

medhelp,
thanks for the addition. Sure is an interesting tale!!!
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=458703 Dr Belibi's - Goals of an Interview thread
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »