Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch..should I take it? - joy56
If your prematch offer is in your top 3 choices.. take it... You have high likelihood of matching with 20+ interviews... but what if you match in your 4,5,6,7,...15th choice?

If it's your 3rd choice then I am sure you will be happy with it..besides, if you don't take the prematch, they might not rank you high in the match...and you prematch offer will likely go to somebody else which will leave less spots for you to match with the program.

That's just my take on it.

99/99 with GC and 20 interviews and a prematch? If this program is really your 3rd priority among the 20, I would simply take it. no regrets!

But u have a 99% probability of a match, and u have a fairly good chance (more like 50%, uncertain ) at matching at your top 2 programs as well.
grab it, i know ppl with 99/99 who didn't match last yr after declining prematch!!
All of u guys are so helpful and kind (well almost all ;-))
I have a request. If u guys could rank the programs in conn like UConn, Norwalk, Bridgeport, Danbury, St. Vincents, how would u all decide? This might help me to come to a decision. If anybody has interviewed in any of the above places please let me know which one u liked and why. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum!
Uconn will be first. Norwalk, Bridgeport and Danbury are all good programs and are likely same caliber. St. Vincent's is also good but I'd put it last.

hey joy56 please list out all ur iv's so we can have fun ranking them for you
U con
bridgeport
norwalk
danbury
st vincent

good lucks
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=465544

no comments!
Decided not to go for the prematch guys! I really thought hard and I have decided to take the difficult way out: Go for all my 20+ interviews. Its going to be very tiring and I am gonna be broke but hopefully worth it!! Thanks to all my matchmates here in this forum.
good decision!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »