Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just one interview - smith_80

you will truly be rewarded for your selfless nature.
Hey Smith , please don't be mad at God! It's NOT His fault at all. God has a plan for each and everyone of us. I also didn't match, and I could swear to God I would get the position, I had a great interview, received an email from the PC saying he was rooting for me, 2 emails from the PD saying he hoped I would rank the program high... All lies... what I got from this? Do not trust in people, trust in yourself!
I am very said, but way better than I was earlier.
Now I realize that even though I didn;t win this battle, God has been blessed me, during my whole life, with good health, amazing parents and a great husband.
What I'm gonna do now? Try the scramble tomorrow, just to say that I didn't try... I know my chances are almost zero, but I will try, who knows God will put me in a better place?! If it doesn't work, I will wipe away my tears and go back to my home country and work hard, get in a good residency there and be happy ever after, near my family and friends.

Don't hold any grudge or hate God, but ask that He will show you the right way, His plans for our lives are always better than what we want.
Hi smith_80, same feeling here..stopped believing in god..if at all he exists, cannot he see our struggle and pain...its not just me who is suffering...my husband, my parents..all become so sad when they see me in pain..when they see me crying...when they see that my hard work is not paying off..now I have stopped expressing my sad feelings to my parents..dont wanna see them sad at this stage of their life....
I want someone to show me the right path...I want someone to tell me honestly if at all I should even try for residency. Now I was thinking of joining an MPH program..dont really know how much its gonna help in getting residency..but I guess if not residency, at least I can start earning a few dollars.
I also did externship at a hospital and research with the PD there, interviewed there, but did not match..all in vain..
Can you please let me know your email ID..may be it can help both of us come over this trauma..

thanks
smith

I feel your pain. All I can say is stay focused and make the most of the scramble.. you have to be optimistic. This is my 2nd unsuccessful match and I do understand the pain, frustration and family expectations.
Wish you all the best.
smith_80,

we sure feel your pain because you are not alone. lots of us are like you. you actually have good credentials. sit down and think what is going wrong. you will be succeed next time. i suggest you to find a good job to support you and try harder to do more clinical work. i think your weakness is lack of clinical experience. if you could have 6 months US clinical experience, you would have matched this time. so work on that. you will be fine.

complain and wean wont work. you never know your destiny because it is still too early.
hopefor2010...you are so strong..I really appreciate it...although I am blaming god right now..I will feel guilty about it later..I know he has blessed me with a good family, good husband, good health and now a l'il daughter.
but regarding my career, I am so depressed that I dont feel like showing my face to any of my friends or relatives..I just feel that I am working working and working and god is disposing..I dont know why he does not want me to become a doctor. where is he hiding..if he doesn't want me to become a doctor...why cannot he let me know so that I can choose some other career path and at least stop traumatizing myself like this by just trying trying and trying
smith_80,

we sure feel your pain because you are not alone. lots of us are like you. you actually have good credentials. sit down and think what is going wrong. you will be succeed next time. i suggest you to find a good job to support you and try harder to do more clinical work. i think your weakness is lack of clinical experience. if you could have 6 months US clinical experience, you would have matched this time. so work on that. you will be fine.

complain and wean wont work. you never know your destiny because it is still too early.
hopefor2010...you are so strong..I really appreciate it...although I am blaming god right now..I will feel guilty about it later..I know he has blessed me with a good family, good husband, good health and now a l'il daughter.
but regarding my career, I am so depressed that I dont feel like showing my face to any of my friends or relatives..I just feel that I am working working and working and god is disposing..I dont know why he does not want me to become a doctor. where is he hiding..if he doesn't want me to become a doctor...why cannot he let me know so that I can choose some other career path and at least stop traumatizing myself like this by just trying trying and trying
smith...i am sorry that you did not make it this time; but you sure should try one more time. take it easy and do not beat yourself up. just try to see if you can talk to your PD and convincing him to allow you to do an externship with them but without needing to spend all that extra money other than the liability insurance. You will win the next time around, what with your publications also done. you will make it dude, and your parents are anyway proud of you whatever, and you will make them proud.
@smith: #1) Please don't be mad at GOD. Think about the worst case scenario. At least you have a good health. Imagine if you were struck with something. Imagine how your parents and fiance would feel. At least you have completed mph and you have a job. At least you don't have HUGE amount of money in loan.

#2) I am not judging you AND can never feel what you're feeling right now. However, I can totally understand that it's not easy what you're going through. Yes, you feel like a disappointment to your parents, but they totally understand as well. Nobody can fight luck/destiny.

#3) Can i ask you when you graduated, that is one thing that I think might be holding you back? Smith: policies in US are extremely terrible, they prefer younger graduates whom they can mend and train in certain way. If you want to continue practicing medicine, then I guess you can go back to your home country and serve the people (like you always wanted). You worked hard to become a doctor and I am sure you want to fulfill your duty.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »