Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
* *** Rej/IV...Nov 16 2010...w/credentials*** - defendor
re UPMC-ISP

i agree w drrogerfederer about them looking for researchers. iv'ed with an assistant prof from md anderson who was ~10y out of practise.

i felt the whole team (faculty and residents) to be extremely friendly. i am sure they try hard to find genuinely nice people. very refreshing to see smart yet kind people.

during my interview they had a paper with like mayb 7-8 categories for scoring system.....i could just see from 6 feet afar....so probably who get a good score gets a higher rank....

dunno what exact categories were there....but had atleast 7-8 or mayb more than 10...it was 1 complete page...

my guess is like....

scores 1 2 3 4 5
research 1 2 3 4 5
USCE 1 2 3 4 5

or somethin like that
Then they should consider previous publications as a key factor in selection - unfortunately if you search pubmed for most of the ISP residents, they have very few papers (one or two at most). There are some who have more, but they also have an advanced degree like MPH. (but they are usually one or two depending upon year.)
drrogerfederer

you mean they offer prematch even without step3?
The thing is that not all the publications in ur CV are on pubmed.....and yes MPH definitely helps..i know a few residents there and they have done mph from the best places in US
Yeah, they do it with out step 3, but you can't get an H-1 visa.
yes they offer prematch without step 3 but then they giv u j1, if u have step 3 they give u h1b
But it should be for third year residents. Even basic science papers take max. of two years to get published. I know it coz I am doing both clinical and basic science research.
Well I agree they have a simlar ranking system as drrog.... said.
Im waiting too for a reply from them
thanks guys

do you know if it is a common thing to be offered a prematch without step3 in general not only in this program?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »