Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed STEP 1 four months ago...Need guidance - overcomer11
Dear Overcomer11,

your score is not bad( to get dissappointed, u are just 5-10marks away from clearing this exam with decent percentile, this score is just not good enough to pass this exam ( exam getting tough each year). Some people attempt and they wont even get close to 70, but since u got 73, u just need to GO OVER UR CONCEPTS, underestimating this exam costs us, give the respect this exam needs, STUDY HARD. You can do it this time.

Scoring 73% is not that easy, i would say, continue with ur preparation, DONT STOP UNTIL U REVIEW FA,GOLJAN, sincerely DO UW and LEARN ALL CONCEPTS, take NBME , assess urself,

when u get 560 and above in ur NBME scores, THEN TAKE EXAM. until then dont consider applying for exam, just keep working hard to reach that scores, u can do it.

GL,
Smile
Thanks everyone for all your support. I got my CS result 2 days ago and i passed . This has given me extra confidence for retaking step 1.
congratulation on passing cs, where did you take it?
Thanks successgirl...i took it in Atlanta....after the exam i wasn't sure that i will make it...but I thank God i passed...have you retaken your step 1?
At yala2011, img33, gama, ahmad2255

I am old graduate too and really need guidance and encouragement. Would really like to talk to people that are in the same boat. I live in Philadelphia. My email address is ricot02.
I just about to finish Kaplan books first reading except for pathology. Can you give me a plan for pathology? And How long it can take to complete UWORLD?

Thanks for your advice
people who graduated long time ago in 1984 and have good experience and are cetizens still have chance?
congratulations overcomer for passing the cs , good luck for your step 1
You said you work full time , are you still ?? because I work full time too and Im wondering how many hours per day do you study and how do you manage between your work and studying??
hope I can get an answer??
Take care
I work full time and i still do...have to support my family...it is tough combining work and studying...during weekdays i study maybe 4 hours but i utilize the weekend a lot more...maybe upto 10 hours during the weekend.
Thank you for your reply , Im trying to do the same thing although my family resposibilities takes alot of my time beside my work.
Good luck
Yale-founded Gteed Pass USMLE Course ($9 K)

USMLE instructors (founder is from Yale and Case Western Reserve; with other renown including academic work under a Nobel Laureate and a Nobel protege)
with 10 years of individual student-case experience.

--Skilled at individualized student study- program planning, with excellent, unique and creative teaching skills that ultimately lead to achievement of high USMLE scores. We fluorish in individual student study settings.

--Your selection of the program will prove to be the most productive in terms of your personal cost-benefit analysis; i.e., although we charge double the tuition rates of our competition, in the long-term, we only get paid
if you achieve your outcome (Pass) such that your "outcome" is guaranteed to be excellent...

--Call Anytime, ANY DAY ($500 Discount Deadline is MAR 31 2011) 641.715.3900 ext 649461
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »