Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME#2 block 2 Q1-----------Q50 - maryam2009
@ amusmle can u explain regarding this microscopy of myxoma--why A.
@sodium

I'm sorry, my mistake, the question was 46 from NBME2, Block 1
A,myxoma
a neoplasm composed of stellate to plump cytologically bland mesenchymal cells set in a myxoid stroma.
cytologically bland mesenchymal cells, so-called “myxoma” or “lepidic” cells .
Myxoma cells are frequently stellate with eosinophilic cytoplasm and indistinct cell borders. Their ovoid nuclei are typically pale with open chromatin. Nucleoli may be prominent.

Q25?
please someone post the answer with the explanation,thank you
26.A
CMV...infection in immunosuppressed patients,transplant rcipients.
most common viral cause of mental retardation, Congenital defects ..deafness ,petechia,hepatosplenomegaly,macroencephaly,seizure....bluberrymuffin baby
mononucleosis(negative monospot

infected cells have Owl's eye appearance
trethment:Gancyclovir
27.E
clinical manifestation...hematuria....
associated with paraneoplastic syndrome due to the ectopicEPO, ACTH,PTHrP and prolactin
Gross....golden -yellow tumorin the midkidney with areas hemorrage and necrosis
@maryam
Q27. Isn't F?
28.B
The random X-inactivation which occurs early in a developing female can result in skewed or non-random X-inactivation for a patch, tissue or organ.
During the process of X-inactivation one of the female's two X chromosome is inactivated.
This becomes important in medicine when a carrier female of an X-linked recessive condition 'randomly' inactivates the chromosome containing the unaffected gene. This can lead to mild symptoms of the disease
25?
I don't know the answer,but in enclosed response, it is G
29.C

Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) Macrophages, mast cells, T-lymphocytes Promotes angiogenesis, granulation, and epithelialization via endothelial cell, fibroblast, and keratinocyte migration, respectively.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »