Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2 cents about the MATCH - pegasus
thanks pegasus!
enjoy ur ACLS

gl
Thank you so much for your response. I went to PA school because I wanted to have a legitimate degree and license to practice medicine so you dont think they would consider that as being active? I mean I cannot imagine a more active way than that to pursue a career in medicine, right? It is actually becoming more difficult to get in PA school than DO medical school.
Hey pegasus, thanks for your reply earlier. I have one more question, are we allowed to volunteer in a free clinic in california? I donot ahve a b1b2 or j or F1 visa. I am on h4(dependent visa). Will they take somebody without a license.. only to volunteer
great congratulations pegasus, really inspiring for all of us.....like you, i am also relatively old graduate and will be trying 5th time this year.....i have one very important question for my application, since you earlier stated that stick to one field....i want to do psych and i tried a lot to get some USCE in psychiatry but no one was willing to allow me (private practitioners), my area was also very restricted (couldnt afford to leave my job) so i got whatever i could - 2 years, hands-on in fm....since i only wanted to go for psych, i didnt apply to fm last year.....and now i am observing under one private psychiatrist since past 2 months.....so my question is that, shall i mention my fm experiences in my CAF? how do i weigh two things - no clinical touch since graduation versus clinical experience in a different field? how program directors will look at it? please guide if possible....any input can help me a lot....thanks man.
I would definitely mention your experience in your CAF. The point here is that you're an old grad, and you should make any attempt to cover all possible gaps regardless of specialty. As far as how it would look, I think a FM experience would still be valuable since you do see a lot of pysch problems in FM. Hope this helps
First of all big congrats for this achievement . Can you please tell me that when we ask about the program criteria do we also ask how many attempts in any step they allow or that does not matter if the rest of the criteria is fulfilled. Thanks in advance.
first of all congratulation to you. Its really inspire me to stick my field. I almost think abt alternative. Btw my credential almost same as you. But I have attempt in step 1 and step 2 ck. CS passed in 1st attempt. No step 3 taken yet.
I have one question......

which is good?
Research in University hospital where residency place available or hospital who allow you for externship where no residency seat

I know its foolish question, but I will really apprecite for ur kind reply
Hi Pegasus,

Thank you for sharing your Experience with us. A true inspirational!!!
All the best with your Residency!!!

You had mentioned to also keep in touch with the Residents as well. Can they help us with our faith of getting into the program??

Also, when I call up a PC.. do I have to mention my Credentials or just go straight to the Questioning?? ( that would be rude right)

thank you!!!

Best to you again!!
Pls sir can u send me a list of programs too at ... ade_bal. Thanks and congrats.
Thanks for posting your awesome experience.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »