Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is where your residency spot went - jennashell
Oh NO,,,,,,The INDIANS for them i dont wanna to move Miami .I have bad experience with them
@pearlpenina: Please don't even visit Miami, let alone moving. We don't want to see people around us who judge every person from some particular country based on ONE incident!

As ryanhope said on 1st page, "All races have good, bad and ugly". And that particular incident is NOT the mirror of all Indians out there in the world.
Not hating her or any others for taking residency spots. May the best candidate win ...Just scared for the future patients who will be victims of such Braty and mentally unstable docs and others who defend and justify this inappropriate behavior.
This is not about being Indian or Asian or paki or Filipino... It's about your morals and ethics. Please don't involve races.
Might be Alcohol intolerance, right? out of the medical setting no harm to any patients - so why all this smoke, she is not entitled for any sanctions just for brief counseling, and the same connection (jin-jan, jan-jan or give-take connection types) that gave the subject residency slot shall keep the subject in and further more give the subject further connection for fellowship.
THIS IS HOW they DO, by now.
Ok since I posted this link here is my two cents.

When someone makes a mistake for eg in this case, If this is a resident who works well with everyone, who has her team mates, program director and hospital staff supporting her etc - These people will come out at least to defend that this was a one time mistake . Anyone can make a very bad choice and we can recover from it provided we have a good reputation overall. In this case sadly, the U of M took down her page, took down the research page, Jackson hospital issued a statement and not to mention not one college or friend came out and said something good as a support. What I learned from this was stuff like this is usually a culmination of many other things. When things like this happen, we should have people supporting us and helping us and for that, we have to be always kind to others.

To everyone trashing her:
I'm sure you are all great doctors who are very empathic and non-judgemental with your patients, so why can't you be with one of your colleagues? Isn't this some kind of double standard, does that mean you are also different like you are out of the hospital, like you are stating she might be?
To err is human. No one among us is perfect. Even God would forgive her if she ask for forgiveness.
She still needs to be given a chance to get back to her routine residency life. I wish her best of luck. E

Indeed, I see a lot of double standards regarding this post.

As IMGs from India, Middle East and the rest of Asia we all know how women are treated like garbage in our own countries. A female child is aborted before birth and if not she is killed for dowry or subjugated in form or another - be it a domestic slave or as a baby producing machine. And yes, doctors do all these things that I mentioned above. I am Indian and not too proud of it because our country is the rape capital of the world. It is because of the cultural attitude we have (both men and women) towards women in the world. So please, all of you who are making lewd comments about her body and appearance, stop being so rude and horrible to this young doctor. No need to sink that low to make yourself feel better. I do not believe any one of us leads a saintly life. Rise above it and show dignity and refrain when this doctor and her family are going through a rough time.
race, whatever, it doesn't matter she will be fired.

she brought bad and negative press to her hospital and residency program

the precedence has been set time and time again in this country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...olice-say/

she's an adult, she'll still be able to practice in the VA or something since she has a few years of residency under her belt, or maybe another program will give her a second chance

people have been terminated from residencies for much less

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »