Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances to match? - bepositive18
@kindmd
i applied IM, i was rejected many times from FM, scores in 230's,
@usmleworld_offer - I disagree with your statement that "almost everyone who has GC/Citizenship will eventually match if they do not give up" -- That cannot be true. Far from the truth.
@bepositive

So given that you are 9 yrs out of med school, did you apply to a lot of programs? cuz a lot of programs in IM have cut off for 5 yrs..did you carefully select the programs and apply to them..and what other experience do you have apart from USCE..any publications?

how many yrs have u been applying for match?

@kindmd

8 YOG when i applied, i applied to only few like 50 something, only to areas that fit my criteria, and those areas that ppl told me to apply to,

not tru that IM programs has 5 YOG, i know a girl with 2002 YOG, she matched ina University hospital,in Texas, (By contact), another 2girls i know matched this year, with YOG 2006 & 2007!! Believe me !

i have USCE, Externship, research,

This is my second year applying!
@bepositive..

Yeah I believe you..when the YOG is out by like 5 years, I think only contacts can help you.

The place that you most likely matched (I am sure u are excited abt tomorrow), you matched with contact?
"Wishyouluck"

I think the US just rewards a can-do spirit. Eventually someone who doesn't give up starts to stand out just bc they're tenacious. Seriously people. Don't give up - you will get there if you keep pushing. Knock on every door, talk to friends, and make contacts.
@kindmd

My number1 choice in a new program, i had no contacts in it... i hope i matvh there
So did you match to your # 1 choice? @bepositive18
@kindmd

I matched at my top!

@comfortzone

YOU WEER RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MATCHED AT MY NUMBER1!.
soooooo happy !
@bepositive 18

So brand new program ? Which state, may I know?

And many congratulations to you once again..I am sure you are Excited!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »