Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I take two months off to finish CS before step1 - kashvi
indianchic .... I also want to take exam in sequence not haphazardly. ur right too, we are unware of the new format for cs. But to be true, I don't even know how old cs is except that its clinical skills exam so i guess taking new or taking old shouldn't be a matter of grave concern. they have already changed the pattern of typing the case report from writing to typing so what more they can do now.. may be add few more cases in cs.?

anyways, i am confused like u, i am old img, desperate to apply this yr but i haven't given step1 yet. I think we should be realistic in time managing and getting good scores . I think i will give step1 first and then cs n ck., but may be like deepak2011 said we will have minimal chance applying only with step1 n cs score. when did u graduate? what are u chances of getting it this yr..? if u have gc, recent grad, experience may be u have some chance wit step1 n cs score.. but i am not sure/
please complete cs asap within 1-2 months and get back to step1 without much delay
@indianchic: uw will take u atleast 2-3 months of studying everyday if u plan on doing it thoroughly & wanna take notes. and then they say u should go over it again, atleast the incorrects. if u aren't gonna take notes, u can finish it alot faster.

i think u can definitely take cs before step 1 & ck, i did...it's true it mightve been easier had i taken it after step 1 & maybe even after ck...but definitely doable. i studied hardcore for a month & passed...practice those cases as many times as u can with a partner, how u manage ur time & interact with the patient is more impt than how thorough u r & how much u know!
Thanks carpediem1....I dont know about others on this forum but I have decided to go in order and finish step 1 by april 30th and then ck by early August and CS in September end.

I already took CS once and failed it. Who knows if it was due to lack of step 1 and ck...I graduated 5 years ago also...So, this time its best that I dont take any risk or chances with CS!!...Whatever the changes in CS are I will try to prepare for that . What else I can do!!
If interested in research positions, contact me at marriet2012. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.” Thanks.

There were some complaints that no reply was sent. Please be patient, and you should be replied in the order your email was received.
@indianchic or @ deepak @kashvi or anyone on this forum....... As per my understanding if you give your step-2 CS after May then you will have your results somewhere in October 2012. Then How can you apply this year? This is the biggest confusion. Please correct me if I am wrong. I heard that there is a delay in step-2 CS score reporting.

Also how much time does it take to prepare for step-2 CK? I am planning to take my Step-1 exam by the end of january or in the begnning of february this year. I cannot apply for step-2 CS because I also heard the fact that the chances of getting a visa for step-2 cs greatly improves after you give your step-2 CK. So if I give my step-2 CS in August I will be getting my results in October in which I will be late.
Do you any idea about it?
i heard the news that u have to complete step 1 & cs to apply & by the time u go for interviews you should have completed step 2 ck.

@indianchic where did u take your cs ? did u practice with live partner r on skype ? what was reason you failed ?

there as been a rumor they are purposely failing bcos of the huge amount of testtakers & few residency spots, but who knows the truth ... this whole process of exams is soo stressful why do they have to make it even harder...???
But then there are less chances of getting interviews and the visas. Also there is delay in the score reporting of step-2 cs.
yes focus...if u take cs after may u will get result in october....and i dont know about the delays....if we are getting score after september then whats the point of even thinking about it?!!...thats why i am not bothered...if you have any way out how to fit all this in schedule let me know!
hey guys is this late sore reporting only for those who give their CS after may .. or is this going to be like this forever .. i mean , after may means all the momths after may .. will it always be deayed fm now on .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »